As nice as the Argentine beef!

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

As nice as the Argentine beef!

Postby AAR » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:40 pm

Had the giant wood rail finished and around for awhile but with so much customer stuff looming, I put my head down and kept it going. 15 birds mounted last week, so over the weekend I decided it was time to complete the base once and for all. Really happy how it turned out, got a very very cool idea to do on the next strap do New Zealand birds that has never been done before, keep your eyes out for it!

Top row is fulvous whistling duck, giant wood rail, and white faced whistling duck.
Bottom left is a rosy billed pochard pair, then a knob billed duck hen.

Thanks for looking!

Eric

Be sure to check out the new exotic and rare game bird page on Facebook. 260 likes just this week and tons of stuff, especially wild shot hybrids and mutations. If you have something cool, I know I would certainly like to see it and imagine with so many signing up, they would too, so brag a little :beer:
It's not just a bird mount, it's a Schmitty Bird Mount
AAR
Forum Moderator

Re: As nice as the Argentine beef!

Postby Dirty Doug » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:52 pm

As usual, very nice Eric :thumbsup: Can't wait to see the New Zealand birds
Dirty Doug
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:51 am

Looking at those shell boxes and wondering, are you shooting lead down there? How does the ammo compare to factory loads here?
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby Dirty Doug » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:35 pm

Bill, Maybe I shouldn't answer Erics question but he can add to this if he wants......I have been down there a few times and yes.....you are shooting lead.....don't know how old you are but if you were as old as me it takes you back to the old days as #5 lead will kick their ass!!! I myself have had very very few problems with the shells working down there.....so for the most part they rock.
Dirty Doug
hunter

Postby AAR » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:05 pm

Lead works awesome :beer:

Eric
It's not just a bird mount, it's a Schmitty Bird Mount
AAR
Forum Moderator

Postby Pete-pec » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:28 pm

Doug, I guess I'm old too, because I shot lead (here in the States) in number six, and it was a load that worked on almost anything.
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:42 pm

Bill Herian wrote:Looking at those shell boxes and wondering, are you shooting lead down there? How does the ammo compare to factory loads here?

As I recall, neither Eric nor I had issues with their ammo, or beef, or wine, or beer, or shooting over 15 species of birds.

We shot lead 5s for ducks and I think 7s or 8s for doves and perdiz. Don't recall on the pigeons. Everything cycled well and fairly clean.
beretta24
State Moderator

Return to Taxidermy Forum