Got a #4 for Kern this sat!!!!!

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Got a #4 for Kern this sat!!!!!

Postby band_blaster » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:30 pm

Ive never hunted Kern before and I drew a #4 !! finally after 8 yrs i get a draw there hahaha. Anyone got any suggestions on areas or blinds to keep a eye out for? Im not looking for honey holes or anything like that. And some basic info like water depth in certain areas should we bring our own blind material . thanks guys
(Stole this idea fromBamaHoyt)Thanks guy!
Mottleds-
Mallards/Hyrbrids-2
Blue wings-
Green wings-
Wood Ducks-
Whistlers-
Hooded Mergansers-
Ring Necks-
Pintails-2
Shovelers-
band_blaster
hunter

Re: Got a #4 for Kern this sat!!!!!

Postby gotgold5 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:44 am

a person's minimal angel have fun with makebelieve activities togeTher with The online dolls.
gotgold5
Newb

Postby wanapasaki » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:18 am

PM me. I know what blind you should go for, and I will give you a list in order in case 1,2,3 take them
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby yak4fish » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:21 am

Not much of the Refuge is open yet (must be lack of water). Unit 1A, unit 2, Blinds 2 & 5 and ADA1 are the only things open 46 hunters with 8 reservations. You got really lucky. No need for blind material at Kern plenty of cover. Both Blinds 2 & 5 are ok but a long walk 1A (free roam) is a long walk and hit or miss. Unit 2 is free roam and shoots well most days and is very popular. Water is mostly waist deep or less except along main dikes in unit 1(not open yet) and unit 2 if you go in from parking lot 1 you can make it with chest waders just fine. You should get your choice unless the blinds get snapped up by lower numbers.
yak4fish
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting