Why can't I sell my kidney?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Why can't I sell my kidney?

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:03 pm

wanapasaki wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:right?

Lol, why are you interested bbd2? You and beretta could have a bidding war. Ass is going to be the operator at the end of the auction. :lol3:

Well damn, wanapasaki........I hit the market waayy before you did. Who do you think you are, Tully's?
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:04 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:

Lol, why are you interested bbd2? You and beretta could have a bidding war. Ass is going to be the operator at the end of the auction. :lol3:

Well damn, wanapasaki........I hit the market waayy before you did. Who do you think you are, Tully's?

LOL, what was your asking $$?
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:13 pm

wanapasaki wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:

We never got that far...being as I'm such a law and order guy, I was just bemoaning the fact that the damn gumming won't let me :hammer: :hammer:
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:16 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:

We never got that far...being as I'm such a law and order guy, I was just bemoaning the fact that the damn gumming won't let me :hammer: :hammer:

:lol3: :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:01 pm

My wife has a thyroid that she'd let go cheap. They took it out yesterday, so it's still fresh. As long as you don't mind a little cancer, you can get it for a bargain. :eek:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:23 pm

But seriously, you guys aren't serious, right?
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:27 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:My wife has a thyroid that she'd let go cheap. They took it out yesterday, so it's still fresh. As long as you don't mind a little cancer, you can get it for a bargain. :eek:

If you're serious, prayers are with ya spinner
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:29 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:guys?

since you don't venture into the Honey Hole much, here's the link:
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=328378
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:21 am

beretta24 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:My wife has a thyroid that she'd let go cheap. They took it out yesterday, so it's still fresh. As long as you don't mind a little cancer, you can get it for a bargain. :eek:

If you're serious, prayers are with ya spinner

Absolutely serious. And thanks. Hopefully she gets out today.

Everything went well and everything I have heard is that if you have to get cancer, this is one to get. But it's still cancer and it's still a serious surgery and a lifetime of hormones.

My wife has terrible luck when it comes to her health. When she recovers from this, she has another and far more unpleasant surgery either later this year or early next year :sad:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:27 am

Spinner,
I hope your wife recovers soon and the cancer is gone. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:36 am

vincentpa wrote:Spinner,
I hope your wife recovers soon and the cancer is gone. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

X2...
Knew she had health problems, but did not know about the cancer.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:53 am

I didn't say anything before hand. I guess I didn't really want to talk about it. It was focus on her, be tough, help her, and all that. Now that it's over and all went well, it's been tougher on me. It all happened so fast. We found out about a month ago. We were good at keeping both of us busy and our mind off of it as much as possible. Mentally, she seems to be doing well. I'll have to keep an eye on her because I'm sure she will have some tough times as she gets time to think about it.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:12 am

I'm glad she's doing well.

I have a slightly amusing story about thyroid cancer. People in Pittsburgh know quite a bit about thyroid cancer because Mario Lemieux had it many years ago and recovered fully. He came back that year to win the Stanley Cup with the Penguins. We had a friend in his late 20's or early 30's at the time from Kentucky that used to hang out with us at parties. It was late at a July 4 party and there were only a few of us left, he being one. An aside, that particular party was the first time I laid a smooch on my wife. Back to the story. We were chatting and having a good time when our friend gives us the news he has cancer. We all stopped chatting and laughing and were saying the typical Oh-my-Gods and things. My future girlfriend/wife asked him what kind. He said, thyroid cancer. At the same time, we all said Oh, you'll be all right and started carrying on like nothing happened. He shouted, "It's still CANCER!" He ended up recovering fully from it. We still laugh about the scene like it was something from a sitcome or dark comedy.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:29 am

Spinner,

I am glad to hear she is doing well. Cancer is a beast.

My mentor in engineering has been busy dying of it for about three years now. He is a tough old bird that is constantly beating the odds. They gave him 3 months to live when they first diagnosed him. The cancer has moved into his bones. According to the doctors he now is coming down to the end. Then again, they have been wrong several times in the past.

I am taking him out the week of Veterans Day to hunt pheasant at a private ranch. He is still mobile enough to get a couple of short hunts on fairly flat ground in each day. I spend the rest of the days working Bella on upland training and just hanging out with him.

He was a Ranger Lieutenant in Vietnam. He and his team got sprayed in the field with Agent Orange. The doctors are certain that was the cause of the cancer. He never smoked, stayed healthy, eats healthy, etc....
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:08 am

I know it's strange to say, Spinner, but the bond between me and my wife was strengthened a thousand times over when I had cancer. You really find out what the relationship has been about over the years going through something like that. I know from the many little comments you've made over the years that you've had to focus hard at times to care for your wife, and whenever you did, your tone would shift almost imperceptibly to a tenderness that stood in stark contrast to your more, ummm.....pugilistic, let's say..... prose. Good on the both of you, and be well
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:54 pm

BDD2 weren't you found ok, only a few months ago?
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:59 pm

wanapasaki wrote:BDD2 weren't you found ok, only a few months ago?

Yes, he was found recently...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby blackduckdog2 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:22 pm

yep, totally in the pink, and thanks for asking
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:24 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:

Glad your A ok!
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:28 pm

Indaswamp wrote:

Yes, he was found recently...

lovely.......
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:33 am

I'll chip in if we can start a fund to get the POUS a brain. :lol3:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:38 am

wanapasaki
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:48 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:

That's great! :beer:
vincentpa
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum