Decoy Gloves

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Decoy Gloves

Postby cbagley » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:14 pm

Trying to find some decoy gloves for under $50 any suggestions
cbagley
Newb

Re: Decoy Gloves

Postby AronBlad23 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:26 pm

I just picked these up on sale at Cabelas...they are dry..and fit pretty good....they are fleeced lined.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas- ... coy+gloves
AronBlad23
hunter

Postby MN BMX Dad » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:21 pm

I've been looking at the cabelas gloves but not sure if they will fit. I tried on the Avery pvc decoy gloves and they are really tight on a couple of my fingers. How do these compare or are there bigger sizes out there?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
MN BMX Dad
hunter

Postby sportglfr07 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:40 am

They may not be under $50 but Under Armour skysweeper decoy gloves are the absolute best decoy gloves available. There is no comparison and I have been through every possible option from neoprene to high dollar gloves to snow blower gloves and the under armour ones are the best!
sportglfr07
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:13 pm

sportglfr07 wrote:They may not be under $50 but Under Armour skysweeper decoy gloves are the absolute best decoy gloves available. There is no comparison and I have been through every possible option from neoprene to high dollar gloves to snow blower gloves and the under armour ones are the best!

X 1 million...I love those gloves!
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:03 pm

Sorry I can't say that UA has decoys gloves beat. They are all the same glove. UA is overpricing on this product. Midwest makes all the gloves already and wholesales them out. Here. $18 shipped and made by Midwest.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017QFDQW/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby jwurts4 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks for the link KK. I will be buying soon.
jwurts4
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:00 pm

AronBlad23 wrote:I just picked these up on sale at Cabelas...they are dry..and fit pretty good....they are fleeced lined.

I have these they are excellent. I usually go through a pair of neoprenes a year. These are like new after alot of use last year.
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby fireman1293 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:04 pm

BuckCreek wrote:
AronBlad23 wrote:I just picked these up on sale at Cabelas...they are dry..and fit pretty good....they are fleeced lined.

I have these they are excellent. I usually go through a pair of neoprenes a year. These are like new after alot of use last year.

I have to agree. I have these but bought mine at Orschelens Farm and Lawn for about $18. They work great for boating gloves too
fireman1293
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:03 pm

Thin ski gloves that I got on clearance while on the mountain in Colorado. Seirus Xtreme is the brand, skied with them for a week and they worked great, used them last season, and once so far this season never leaked once and they are surprisingly warm.

only down side is the cuff that comes up over the wrist isnt fully waterproof.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby vincentpa » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:29 pm

I have PVC gloves from Gander Mountain. They are great but a bit big. I might have to try the Avery ones. Neoprene gloves are all the same. They leak on the inseam between the glove and index finger midway between the season.

Sent from my iPhone 5, which sucks my cojones. Don't buy one.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby TrapperRob » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:37 pm

I use rubberized gloves that are used for working with chemicals (harbor freight), if it gets too cold I wear those army surplus wool gloves($8 for two pair at Coleman's supply I think) inside of them. No fancy names to double the price, but go with what works for you.
I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
-Henry David Thoreau
TrapperRob
hunter

Postby sportglfr07 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:38 am

KillerKowalski wrote:Sorry I can't say that UA has decoys gloves beat. They are all the same glove. UA is overpricing on this product. Midwest makes all the gloves already and wholesales them out. Here. $18 shipped and made by Midwest.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017QFDQW/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had a pair of these, they get the job done and are way more waterproof than your typically neopreme. That said, I still prefer the Under Armour pair 5 to 1. The PVC gloves are very bulk and don't have much dexterity to them. Try unwrapping a cold strap weight from the keel of a decoy and you'll know what I'm talking about. The UA gloves give you best of both worlds, rubber/pvc so they're water proof, fleece lined so they're warm and still nimble enough to do what you need to do.

I'm not arguing the overpriced part, no doubt they're expense but when you go through 3 pairs of neopreme gloves a year its a wash anyways.

Just my preference, I can see why people like the PVC gloves.
sportglfr07
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:49 am

I got them years ago...I remember that they are cut WAY large and they STUNK! Literally...they smelled up the entire garage with a weird rubber/chemo smell
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Sclf » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Columbia makes the only truly waterproof glove I've ever owned. And I've been through a lot of gloves!
Sclf
hunter

Postby mudpack » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:55 am

I've used all the gloves mention so far...and not one works well. Usually the dexterity suffers. (see 07's post) I have resigned myself to using bare hands. When it gets truly cold, the water is hard and I don't have to worry about getting my hands wet; that's when medium-weight fleece gloves work just fine for decoy work.
I might try surgeon's gloves next......
mudpack
hunter

Postby Flatrock » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:01 pm

Another vote for the Cabelas decoy glove. A bit large for me but I like that it goes on and off easy and can be turned inside out for easy drying on the register. Warm enough for bitter cold hunts. I have not been able to find better.
Flatrock
hunter

Postby Rhock19 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:10 pm

I use XL dishwashing gloves. cheap and easy, throw a pair of light gloves under and your golden.

Team Quackout
Rhock19
hunter

Postby viskey » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:38 pm

I use he hunter green color full PVC gloves. They have no seems so they never leak like the stitched ones and they have a fleece lining
Richard Visker
Big Al's Decoys Pro-Staff
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Dakota Hunting Retriever Club
SDWA | SDWF | DU
viskey
hunter

Postby RedDog » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:12 am

Just about everyone on the Maine coast uses these:

http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse.cfm/glove-super-flex-lined-cold-resistant-blue-x-lrg-159574/4,15109.html
or
http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse.cfm/glove-super-flex-lined-dbl-dipped-rust-x-large-123586/4,13210.html

Great for hauling out lobster traps or eider decoys. Both are fleece lined. The blue ones are slightly warmer than the rust. Triple dipped vs. double dipped, I believe. The dexterity is not bad (rust better than blue). We do clip/unclip decoys on long lines with these on. Not only will you be warm and dry, you'll also look like a cast member of Deadliest Catch ...
RedDog
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum