Duck Boat Wanted

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Duck Boat Wanted

Postby duck_dynasty » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:53 pm

I tried the classifieds but nothing doing. Just probing to see if anyone has a used Otter Stealth 1200 they would like to sell? I have cash in hand. Let me know. Thanks.
duck_dynasty
hunter

Re: Duck Boat Wanted

Postby Scotty2hotty » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:03 pm

Have you tried craigslist?
Better, a good days catch of fish than a lifetime of crabs... Phil Robertson
Rolling Rock Pro-Staff
Team Wise Ass
Scotty2hotty
hunter

Postby duck_dynasty » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:50 pm

Yes
duck_dynasty
hunter

Postby goldfish » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:06 pm

Why just the otter stealth?

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:31 pm

I can't get over the username... so awesome.... Si-tastic!
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby duck_dynasty » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:31 pm

I've done a little research, read some forums, etc. and dedided for what I wanna do that is the boat I want. I have a 16' v hull that I use for biger water but also want something to hunt smaller and shallower ponds, etc. I know theres alot of other options for what I'm looking for but this is the boat I've decided on for the price unless someone can talk me out of it.
duck_dynasty
hunter

Postby goldfish » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:08 pm

What options did you like vs dislike on others? Are you going to trailer it or car top it? Hunting alone, two guys, with dog? Long walks in or just dropping in right off from vehicle? Putting a motor on it?

I'll keep my eyes open for ya for a used one, but just curious why you picked that one is all.

sent from a phancy fone

goldfish
hunter

Postby duck_dynasty » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:12 pm

The #1 thing I like about it is the stability and the fact that it works well in as little as 3 inches of water. I also like the low profile so I plan on using it as a layout boat as well on big water. I hunt by myself alot and sometimes with one other person. I also hunt with my dog sometimes and sometimes not. I plan on buying the motor mount and putting a trolling motor on it that I can easily take on and off. I also am hoping it straps on well to the top of my suv (it weighs 100 lbs) otherwise I do have an atv trailer that I can use or I could throw it inside my bigger boat if Im taking that with as well. Most of the ponds that I would hunt I can drop right in from the road or very near the road, otherwise I know I could make a sort of dolly for it if Im planning on dragging it a ways. I also might build a custom dog ramp that could be taken on and off.
duck_dynasty
hunter

Postby goldfish » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:36 am

Well, I believe that will have a lot of what you are asking for, but I think it comes at the cost of weight. That might be a little much to throw up on the top of your car by yourself. Unless you are Brock Lesner or something close, 100lbs and big gets really awkward. My kayak (Carsten Teal) which I believe is only 80 is probably pretty hilarious watching me load it. Granted that's about 3/4 of my scrawny ***. But to have the motor option etc I get why you chose that one. I've thought about using mine for an open water layout, and I still will, but to have a fully enclosed body like those do instead of just a hole in the top of a fiberglass tube sounds like it would float a lot better if you took on water. I just believe that trying to hit middle ground makes you always wish it was a little more like something else (assateague's theory of a medium, lol)

sent from a phancy fone

goldfish
hunter

Postby duck_dynasty » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:39 am

Yes that is the one downside I wish it were a bit lighter but obviously there has to be some tradeoff. Like u said there isn't a perfect duck boat and if there was everyone would have one.
duck_dynasty
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting