Duck Creek

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

Duck Creek

Postby tybean » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:35 pm

Anyone else going to try Duck Creek Saturday? A buddy and I are going, not really looking forward to it though after reading the other forum about BK Leach. Would be better off trying Otter but with only 2 of us our chances are slim there. Hunted Otter all last year and had great success. Good luck to everyone.
Aim Small, Miss Small
tybean
hunter

Re: Duck Creek

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:39 pm

I plan on trying DC sat and sun, because OS is just way to freakin hard to get drawn... thanks QD! :fingerhead:
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby sehunter1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:02 am

Y'all enjoy that zoo. I drink my kool-aid on weekdays only. Hunt my super secrets when I need a weekend fix.
sehunter1
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:21 am

sehunter1 wrote:Y'all enjoy that zoo. I drink my kool-aid on weekdays only. Hunt my super secrets when I need a weekend fix.

the only problem with that is that all of my super secrets are I the south zone so they aren't open yet! lol
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby talltimber » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:32 am

tybean wrote:Anyone else going to try Duck Creek Saturday? A buddy and I are going, not really looking forward to it though after reading the other forum about BK Leach. Would be better off trying Otter but with only 2 of us our chances are slim there. Hunted Otter all last year and had great success. Good luck to everyone.

Almost everybody I know is going to DC opening day.

Prediction. 85 at DC and 130 at OS.

Over/under?
talltimber
hunter

Postby mjcraig15 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:47 am

I'll be down there the 8th, 9th, 14th,15th, and 16th. Not going to drive 2.5 hours for an opening day circus. I'll go to the place 15 minutes from me, Not draw in, and go to a backup spot 15 min from home. Good luck to everyone.
mjcraig15
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:15 pm

My son and I will be there. :beer:

71 parties at DC. 80 at OS. Want to draw out of a box with 75 pills or one with 300?
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby sehunter1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:43 pm

I think duck creek hits 100 this year. Filled up for the youth hunt. I expected 8 parties, maybe. What's an otter slough?
sehunter1
hunter

Postby talltimber » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:13 am

Obviously that's where you will be? Lol

870, 300.
talltimber
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:20 pm

I can't wait till the really cold weather gets here. Think standing outside in a tent might discourage a few of the poorliners?
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:28 pm

I just wh places like coon island existed in the middle zone :(
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:06 am

Oh well, we went, we drew, I am now back home and about to go back to bed. :rolleyes:

Duck Creek on opening morning.... There were over 110 parties on the sign in sheet but I do know for a fact that at LEAST two 4 person parties had every member sign :fingerhead: . Thanks guys, we really appreciate the extra pills in the box because you can't read the top of the sheet that clearly says "ONE PERSON PER PARTY SIGN". :mad:

See ya there tomorrow. Same place just an hour earlier! :grooving:
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby tybean » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:45 pm

870shooter wrote:Oh well, we went, we drew, I am now back home and about to go back to bed. :rolleyes:

Duck Creek on opening morning.... There were over 110 parties on the sign in sheet but I do know for a fact that at LEAST two 4 person parties had every member sign :fingerhead: . Thanks guys, we really appreciate the extra pills in the box because you can't read the top of the sheet that clearly says "ONE PERSON PER PARTY SIGN". :mad:

See ya there tomorrow. Same place just an hour earlier! :grooving:

Yeah when we were signing in we had a couple of those in front of us as well. All we could do was shake our heads and hope. :no:
Needless to say we were back at the house when the sun came up as well, pretty frustrating. Like you said hopefully cold weather will keep a few of them away. Between that and when the south opens it should be better. Good luck in the morning.
Aim Small, Miss Small
tybean
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:56 am

Not near as many parties today but still a bunch! We got lucky and drew a better number so we at least got to get the decoys wet! Even managed to kill a few before the birds seemed to quit flying. There weren't tons flying where we were at any time but later in the morning it seemed to die everywhere, no shots to be heard anywhere.

It was still better than work and the boys got to kill a few ducks so it was a good morning. :thumbsup:
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby 2Longgone » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:06 pm

870shooter wrote:Not near as many parties today but still a bunch! We got lucky and drew a better number so we at least got to get the decoys wet! Even managed to kill a few before the birds seemed to quit flying. There weren't tons flying where we were at any time but later in the morning it seemed to die everywhere, no shots to be heard anywhere.

It was still better than work and the boys got to kill a few ducks so it was a good morning. :thumbsup:

Congrats on getting out. Opening weekend tough, any weekend tough. The slough had 11 open spots saturday, and 14 open on sunday. Got my eight hours of sleep both days and still caugth football in the pm.
2Longgone
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:13 pm

well I got to hunt a good unit opening da with pill 11, limited out in bout an hour (could have limited out on teal in 15 min lol) and I went again yesterday (Wednesday the 6th of nov.) I was as sick as a dog :crying: when my alarm went off that morning, running a fever of 100.3. but I figured it was either sit at home and be sick, or sit in the duck blind. you can guess wich one I decided lol. I got pill 7 so me and my uncle went to one of the blind units because I was sick and it was raining, so at least I could get out of the rain. I could have went to some other spots and limited out, but we killed some ducks anyway. a few mallards, a nice woodie drake, and 2 ringnecks. its funny because where I hunted the opener me and my buddy had a 12 bird limit of teal, pintails, shovelers, widgeons, and gadwalls, and Wednesday we killed completely different birds lol. so here I am, home sick, but doing a lot better my fever broke and I should be up to snuff to go out again Saturday... I hope its not a circus again. fyi, cant wait for the south zone opener!
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting