New Duck Hunting Club

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Re: New Duck Hunting Club

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:45 pm

Check out their pics and watch the video. I'd say 50 hens per year apiece for those boys is probably conservative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:17 am

I'd say 50 hens per year apiece for those boys is probably conservative.

well they do claim to be into conservation
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby klabrel » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:29 pm

I had the unfortunate opportunity of having these boys set up on the same marsh as me this morning. I noticed a few things about their hunting style

1. they showed up around 7:20, shooting light was at 6:45.
2. they insisted/tried to set up on an island 40yds from my spread which I unkindly told them that wasn't going to happen, so they set up on the far north end of the marsh (mind you the size of the marsh may be 100yds long, so every sky-bust I ate their bb's).
3. they hunted over 6 goose floaters, two mallards, and a robo set up a yard or two off the bank
4. one guy howled on his call in a wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha whaaaaaa fashion all morning while the other did some sort of call that sounded like a latino rolling his r's in attempt to do a feeder chuckle.
5. every group of birds I had swingin into my spread they sky-busted at, one shot had to be pushing 90-100yds
6. they shot one merganser and claimed it was a redhead
7. their "pro-staff" dog wouldn't fetch any of the three birds they wounded, but was great at retrieving a tennis ball
8. and my favorite, was watching them flail around trying to get back into their cover while howling at what they thought was a group of honkers, it was a group of migrating seagulls.

Overall, it was a depressing site to see. A group that prides themselves on "conservation" needs to reassess their values and the way they approach fowl hunting on and off the marsh. I am all for guys getting out there and getting after it, but there is a right way and wrong way to go about it and their approach is definitely the wrong one. Somehow I was able to scratch out some green from the mess.
Attachments
birds.jpg
klabrel
hunter

Postby wingnutty » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:08 pm

relax guys, i'm sure they are just trying to ruffle some feathers so that they can get picked up for a reality show. there ain't no bad publicity, after all. If i was a producer, I'd put them on tv in a heartbeat and plug them into a poor man's version of survivorman or man vs wild where they have to first survive a fall from an aircraft without the use of a parachute before braving the unforgiving wilderness of benton lake nwr.
wingnutty
hunter

Postby pmahler » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:05 am

Klabrel, how do you know it was them? Nice pile of birds btw...last one a drake gaddie? Good stuff man
pmahler
hunter

Postby klabrel » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:51 pm

I recognized one of them from their posted pics while packing out. The decal of the oversized spoonie was on their truck as well. That drake gaddy and d wigeon were my last two birds. Couldn't hold out for mallards any longer, had to take what I could get once the show arrived.
klabrel
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:28 pm

klabrel wrote:I had the unfortunate opportunity of having these boys set up on the same marsh as me this morning. I noticed a few things about their hunting style

1. they showed up around 7:20, shooting light was at 6:45.
2. they insisted/tried to set up on an island 40yds from my spread which I unkindly told them that wasn't going to happen, so they set up on the far north end of the marsh (mind you the size of the marsh may be 100yds long, so every sky-bust I ate their bb's).
3. they hunted over 6 goose floaters, two mallards, and a robo set up a yard or two off the bank
4. one guy howled on his call in a wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha whaaaaaa fashion all morning while the other did some sort of call that sounded like a latino rolling his r's in attempt to do a feeder chuckle.
5. every group of birds I had swingin into my spread they sky-busted at, one shot had to be pushing 90-100yds
6. they shot one merganser and claimed it was a redhead
7. their "pro-staff" dog wouldn't fetch any of the three birds they wounded, but was great at retrieving a tennis ball
8. and my favorite, was watching them flail around trying to get back into their cover while howling at what they thought was a group of honkers, it was a group of migrating seagulls.

Overall, it was a depressing site to see. A group that prides themselves on "conservation" needs to reassess their values and the way they approach fowl hunting on and off the marsh. I am all for guys getting out there and getting after it, but there is a right way and wrong way to go about it and their approach is definitely the wrong one. Somehow I was able to scratch out some green from the mess.

hahahahhaha this is freakn hilarious! Where abouts do you guys hunt? I'm coming to Montana on the 21st and hopefully you guys aren't near Bozeman/three forks lol
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:05 pm

klarbel noticed today somebody posted up on their facebook page your account of their hunting trip in your marsh. Of course they deleted it, but not before I was able to capture some screen caps of their responses. As follows:

Montana Mallard Militia commented on your post.

Montana Mallard Militia wrote: "Thats weird cause were all in wyoming right now. Nice try though bud i think maybe when we get back we need a face to face conversation with you D. Waterfowler maybe hash this out like men. If you are a real man that is. Gotta say pretty tough throwing our name around over a website. Lets be honest your probably still pissed of because we turned you down when you asked us to take you on a hunt last month and now you clearly have a chip on your shoulder. Your making yourself look like a jackass on a social media site for everyone to see. Keep talking pal were not going anywhere."

Montana Mallard Militia wrote: "And not a single one of us owns a "robo set up." Thanks for spending time out of your miserable life to talk trash that you obviously made up. Go back down to the basement of your moms house and keep practicing. Maybe next week you can come up with something a little more believe able."

Montana Mallard Militia wrote: "Whats wrong Daisy Waterfowler? Did you not think wed mention how you bothered us for weeks about taking you on a hunt

Montana Mallard Militia wrote: "Oh no boys hes a real waterfowler! He has all the seasons of Duck Dynasty! Ha
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby klabrel » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:38 pm

Maybe I'm mistaken, but the truck in the parking lot did have their big ass decal on the back window. Them or not, it's not helping their name.
klabrel
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:10 am

I want to know when "daisy waterfowler" started asking them to take him for a hunt......maybe thats why he wont hunt with me this weekend
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Previous

Return to Montana Duck Hunting