Halloween Memories

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: finsnfeathershunter, #1wingnut, spoonysmaker, duckman2000

Halloween Memories

Postby friedcoot » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:08 pm

I remember back in the days of sweat lines before lotteries and jr. blinds rolling in to Los Banos refuge on a friday halloween eve. My brother and I were 8 and 9 (1st season hunters) My dad had us bring our costumes and we knocked on trailers, trucks, and cars in the parking lot. Best halloween ever ! Scored shells, bug spray, candy, cash, soda, even some fresh eggs. Wonder if that still happens?
"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go."

Barack Obama
friedcoot
hunter

Re: Halloween Memories

Postby sprigpig1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:27 pm

This is awesome... These are the kinda things I want my son to remember. Thanks for sharing Fried.
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby 3200 man » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:21 am

HAHA ! But move over kid , the guy dressed-up like a Refuge Duck Hunter in all that New Stuff , blowing his calls ( in line )
is the one with the Holloweenie get-up , the night before THE SHOOT !
3200 man
hunter

Postby Calikev » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:05 am

I remember one Halloween eve back in the early 80's when my Dad and I were in the sweat line at Kesterson. Some of the guys in campers there gave me some candy because they felt sorry for me that I was in a parking lot that night vs. going out trick or treating. Little did they know I was right where I wanted to be. I still remember several guys having carved pumpkins sitting outside their campers lit up in the evening darkness. I also remember the hunt that next day was very good. Extremely slow and we only shot a couple of birds.

Kevin
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I seem to have"
Calikev
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:56 pm

Guys showed up in Duck Commander costumes at my house last night.

I want to get one and then go hunt at Little Dry Creek. I'm sure it will buy me the credibility that I so desperately want. :lol3: :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting