Number Between 5 and 7

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Number Between 5 and 7

Postby assateague » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:18 am

Yes, it's 6. But more importantly, it's the total number who signed up for obamacare on the first day. Yep, they were beating down the doors to get some of that fine gubmint "help.

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just six people successfully enrolled in health insurance plans through the new federal marketplace, HealthCare.gov, on the first day it went live, according to internal Obama administration "notes" released tonight by the House Oversight Committee.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=20749216&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Re: Number Between 5 and 7

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:18 am

Kinda hard to sign up when the website crashes repeatedly. I figure they will get more people signing up once the "fines" come into effect. Why would any thinking human being sign up prior to the last possible day before fines will hit them. If you don't have a tax return then there is simply no reason to sign up.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:29 am

The "fines"/"taxes" will be far less than the cost of the healthplan. I figure most people will take the hit on the fines. When you're living paycheck to paycheck, the difference between the fine the premium can mean a world of difference in quality of life.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Me and Black Betty » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:44 am

Not to mention there are no restrictions for pre-existing conditions. Why not just wait until you are on the way to the hospital with your broken leg to sign up- from your Obama phone.
Whoa, Black Betty BAM-BA-LAM
Me and Black Betty
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:04 am

I would like to know what they mean by successfully enrolled. :huh: They do not define that and we know with this group of hacks, they parse words in ways that make no sense (ie - He didn't mean you could keep any policy).

Does successfully enroll mean the person did all of the following: signed up for an account, then went through the subsidy (leech) system where they see if others can pay part or all of their bill, then were offered 3-4 choices in plans and then selected one and paid for it. Sorry, but show me the person. :no:

Or was it as I have heard which is a person went in, got to the leech system, and was informed they qualified for Medicaid. You do not need a 700 million dollar system for that. You just need an Obamaphone. :rolleyes:

And the nutty part is you can contact an independent insurance agent, find out if you qualify to be a burden to others and get the coverage options presented to you by a real professional. All of this can happen without Big Gov right now.

The utter failure of Obama and his website flunkies is just symptomatic of a terrible law that was passed by terrible people. Some very simple reforms could have fixed any healthcare failings, but the goal is total control, not healthcare for Useful Idiots.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:39 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Kinda hard to sign up when the website crashes repeatedly. I figure they will get more people signing up once the "fines" come into effect. Why would any thinking human being sign up prior to the last possible day before fines will hit them. If you don't have a tax return then there is simply no reason to sign up.

The whole selling point was that it was such a great system that people would be flocking to the laptops to sign up for such a wonderful service.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby go get the bird » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:00 pm

I have a question, and maybe it's already been said. For those of us that have insurance through employers, will we have to verify this come tax time? How do I make sure I'm not "taxed" for not having Obamacrap?
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:05 pm

I believe you will get a separate notice with your W-2 which gives you the info you will have to put on your 1040. I think.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:06 pm

go get the bird wrote:I have a question, and maybe it's already been said. For those of us that have insurance through employers, will we have to verify this come tax time? How do I make sure I'm not "taxed" for not having Obamacrap?

If you are already a registered republican, or have supported a conservative group, they already know........
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:30 pm

read last night that less than 300 people have signed up to date.. :lol3:
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:31 pm

It is really, really comical. Especially every time they trot out the "we don't know how many" line, which everyone knows is BS.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:48 pm

possumfoot wrote:read last night that less than 300 people have signed up to date.. :lol3:

You just run with that.........
"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Surely you have info to the contrary? :lol3:
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby cartervj » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:32 pm

I'm particularly fond of those touting that it is already saving them tons of money and is working.

How's that possible, :huh: can't even use the Obamacare insurance til January 1, 2014 :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:33 pm

assateague wrote:Surely you have info to the contrary? :lol3:

In my state alone......this is just silly. But then again, this IS the right wing feel good forum, so why would I be surprised that someone would make such a silly assertion and not have a single person question it?
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:37 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:

In my state alone......this is just silly. But then again, this IS the right wing feel good forum, so why would I be surprised that someone would make such a silly assertion and not have a single person question it?

Check out the link to alseib.com it shows my insurance going up, the only good thing I see is 90 day scripts for generic meds.
My rate increased a little, copay the same. If I need emergency or outpatient it has at least doubled if not tripled for out of pocket expense. I've received 5 letters so far saying they'll give me $150 more to go on my wife's insurance. Same BCBS thru the State. :huh:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:42 pm

My insurance has made jumps and changes like that in the past, vj. (so far I'm experiencing very little change, but since it's never been a static affair, I won't be shocked if there are changes. And since virtually every single change I've dealt with in the past has gotten more expensive, I won't be particularly shocked when that happens)
I mean, who ever heard of insurance premiums going up before?
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:52 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/10/15/delaying-obamacares-reinsurance-fee-would-be-a-win-for-insurers/
Nearly all health insurance plans are required to pay into the reinsurance plan, even big employer plans that don't sell on the new marketplaces. For each subscriber, the health plans are charged $63 per enrollee annually or $5.25 per member per month. This is why the reinsurance program wasn't especially popular with health plans that focus on the group market, who wouldn't see much in the way of benefit from this program.

They don't care. 100% of this was passed on to me. I just got my knew rates for next year and I had to look up what this was. Every penny is paid by me.

The insurance companies profits will not go down. They will pass it on. Either explicitly as in my case or embedded in the premium.

And the cost of this new tax is huge.

the government collects $10 billion in 2014 to redistribute to the insurance plans that get super sick enrollees.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:19 pm

vincentpa wrote:The "fines"/"taxes" will be far less than the cost of the healthplan. I figure most people will take the hit on the fines. When you're living paycheck to paycheck, the difference between the fine the premium can mean a world of difference in quality of life.

People will be weighing the penalty of $95 dollars or 1% of their income to the cost of their Obama tax (I refuse to call it a premium...it is a tax as defined by the supreme court). For the young and healthy, only the stupid will sign up choosing to be raped through cost shifting.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:24 pm

I refuse to call them premiums. Period. It is a tax with no implied fiduciary responsibility at all! None! ZERO!If it were a "premium", it would be a contract for service. Which this is not.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby possumfoot » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:16 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:

those numbers came from MSNBC..

i can not find the story again.. heck, the only thing i can find now is everyone saying 6.. either that or "administration officials refuse to say how many people have actually successfully enrolled."

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:25 am

Several states elected to chip in with some exchange work, but North Dakota is one of 19 states that took a completely hands-off approach – with one exception. Dalrymple and the Legislature expanded Medicaid to cover as many as 32,000 additional North Dakotans.

just 20 North Dakotans have purchased insurance since the marketplace went live Oct. 1, according to company figures.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/416555/

possumfoot
hunter

Postby assateague » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:52 am

blackduckdog2 wrote:

Post up some links then. I'm interested in seeing how well your state is doing.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby dave79 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:56 pm

blackduckdog2 wrote:My insurance has made jumps and changes like that in the past, vj. (so far I'm experiencing very little change, but since it's never been a static affair, I won't be shocked if there are changes. And since virtually every single change I've dealt with in the past has gotten more expensive, I won't be particularly shocked when that happens)

Your vision must be going in your older age. It's not that policies are going up. It is the plain and simple fact that people who are losing their insurance are having to pay a higher, much higher, rate when they sign up with obamacare.
dave79
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:27 pm

dave79 wrote:
blackduckdog2 wrote:My insurance has made jumps and changes like that in the past, vj. (so far I'm experiencing very little change, but since it's never been a static affair, I won't be shocked if there are changes. And since virtually every single change I've dealt with in the past has gotten more expensive, I won't be particularly shocked when that happens)

Your vision must be going in your older age. It's not that policies are going up. It is the plain and simple fact that people who are losing their insurance are having to pay a higher, much higher, rate when they sign up with obamacare.

When this plan was being shoved up the Americans back sides, Obama on many occasions promised it would save the average family $2500. So BDB2, was this a lie or will we all see these savings soon?
boney fingers
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum