NW general goose

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

NW general goose

Postby whtelk » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:41 am

NW general goose season opens today. I have been waiting for this. I have geese using 2 spots like clock work.....these will be a 1 time deal though.
whtelk
hunter

Re: NW general goose

Postby Webfootslayer » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:04 pm

So how was your openor?
Webfootslayer
hunter

Postby whtelk » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:11 am

The geese that have been on the same pond every day for the last 3 weeks numbered between 25 and 50. I got ready right where they would fly out well before shooting time and waited. I heard the geese getting ready for lift off and only 2!! where did the rest go!!! arrrrg! ... got both...... on to spot #2 and then I will go back to #1 spot. I think the geese knew what the date was.
whtelk
hunter

Postby QH's Paw » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:10 pm

whtelk wrote:The geese that have been on the same pond every day for the last 3 weeks numbered between 25 and 50. I got ready right where they would fly out well before shooting time and waited. I heard the geese getting ready for lift off and only 2!! where did the rest go!!! arrrrg! ... got both...... on to spot #2 and then I will go back to #1 spot. I think the geese knew what the date was.

Well, that is good news. You didn't blow them off the spot like your original intent. If undisturbed there, and, still in the general AO, the rest of the birds will likely return. :thumbsup:
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting