hows your season going so far?

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

hows your season going so far?

Postby StuStiltman » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:45 am

Above average, below average or just average? Mine has been below average, I've been hunting an area thats new to me, my below average season could be due to that. How's everyone else doing so far?
StuStiltman
hunter

Location: kinda between Fergus, DL and lawndale. draw a triangle on a map, I'm in there

Re: hows your season going so far?

Postby suicidal_scaup » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:00 pm

I would say that my season has been average. Last year seemed to be an above average year and this year is just a little slower than last. It is only my second year hunting this area, so who knows what "average" actually is. I am able to scratch out a few birds each day and that is good enough for me. Much lower geese numbers for me, but I consider them to be bonus birds as I am a duck hunter and am lucky if a goose gives me a look.
Quoted from my wife while I am tapping on my iPad, "Are you talking about ducks again?"
Me, "Yep".
suicidal_scaup
hunter

Postby kbooger » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:39 pm

I'd say above average but only due to my trip west. Around town its been pretty dismal. Its almost not even worth hunting around the metro...
kbooger
hunter

Postby Northcoast » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Great opening weekend got lazy on the ducks so far.. but it has been a slightly above average season as far as geese go
Northcoast
hunter

Postby MNjonboatguy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:21 pm

This year has been really good for me so far. I would say that we had more local birds last year and we also got a much bigger push of ducks coming through MN by now, but I've gotten lucky with timing and scouting thus far and my boat has shot well when we needed to.

Hearing report after report of ND not being so easy this year, in the popular areas anyways...
Longest off season ever
MNjonboatguy
hunter

Postby doubletheshovel » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:34 pm

Mine has been much better than last year I need to shoot more in the off season and then I would be much better of as far as numbers but such is life. However, I have yet to be skunked and I shot my first banded bird this year so that is a huge plus and the trip to SD was one for the story books as far as a good time with good people.
Everyday I'm Shovelin'
doubletheshovel
hunter

Postby goldfish » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:51 pm

I've done ok. Had good hunts and not so good hunts. Seems like there are less birds this year but it's been steady. Not as many geese tho.

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby iFAIL » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:52 pm

Mine has been pretty slow. Not much ducks around anymore. Seems like a lot has moved out of the area and no migrators wants to move in. Still waiting on that big swarm to move in from the north. Hoping to see something soon.
That horrible duck call, it was I!
iFAIL
hunter

Postby cn44 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:44 pm

About average but we've put in a ton of time scouting and hunting. I think the best is yet to come yet. Don't think many geese have moved down as we're hunting stale birds that have been around for about a month now. Shot a band a week ago that was banded ten miles away this July, so it's a lot of local birds still hanging around.
cn44
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:16 pm

My season has been real good and a lot of fun but the last two weeks have been stagnant.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby chasing the GREEN » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:09 am

started good, but recently its been a joke. I need to find some birds soon. saw a few more I the air this morning.. thinking maybe a push came with that little bit of weather
chasing the GREEN
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:00 am

is a 100 birds outa 1boat since the second part of the split for the southern part good or great????
hillbilly..
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting