Benelli Super Black Eagle II

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, LadyK, NorCal Cazadora

Benelli Super Black Eagle II

Postby flatheadfisher » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:42 pm

I think my wife is ready for a 12 gauge with 3 1/2" shells. The Benelli SBE II has a length of pull that suits her well and it is really light. Their literature claims the recoil is really low with their system. Is that true?

My Mossberg 935 is too heavy and the pull is too long for her. I hate to spend the bucks for a pricey Benelli but if it works, it would be worth it. She could use it for dove, duck, and turkey if it will cycle shells like they claim.

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/sbe2.tpl
flatheadfisher
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:35 pm

The Berretta is less kick and lighter yet as I recall. You may want to consider it. Fit should be the most important factor when choosing a gun.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby wingshooter2009 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:40 pm

oh yeah go with the SBEII. i held one in a gun case befor and thought that the guys had given me an empty case. but when i opened it up, the was SBEII! its so light and has next to no recoil. plus.................................................it looks really cool!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby call'em kill'em cook'em » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:43 am

my boyfriend has a benelli m2 (shoots 2 3/4 and 3in shells) and i love it! i'm a little biased toward berettas because benellis seem to jam if not properly maintained- that means at least flushing gun scrubber down the barrel and action at least once every two weeks and cleaning it properly every month (kind of a lot of work with only 90 days of the season here in cali). but, benellis are a lot more slim and less bulky than berettas!

When you're in killing mode, you don't notice a large difference in recoil unless your shells are intended to pack a punch (turkey loads). but when i choose to notice, yes, benelli does pack a harder punch. either way you go, there will be recoil so, I'd say go for it!
call'em kill'em cook'em
Newb

SBE II

Postby Looking4Ducks » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:23 am

Well I can tell you I own a Beretta 391 Urika 12ga and a SBE II(black synthetic). The Beretta was lighter until I had to put a mercury recoil reducer in it b/c it kicked so much with duck loads. Not to mention the gas system was always an issue in wet weather. The SBE II is awesome and it is much lighter than the Beretta and the kick is similar. There is no better system than inertia in fowl weather. Earlier in the season I stumbled wadding through the water and dropped my SBE II in the water. I pulled it out, let the water run out of it, and hunted the rest of the morning. The gun never missed a beat (my Beretta would have been out for the count until I could get it dried off and cleaned up). When I got home I broke it down and gave it a good cleaning and it has never missed a beat. I shoot Beretta for dove, quail and phesant, but the Benelli is my gun of choice on all my waterfowl hunts!

Hope this helps.
Looking4Ducks
hunter

NO TO BENELLI...

Postby etfremduckhunter » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:02 pm

I own a SBE II and this year I am shooting 3.5" Blackcloud and it is kicking me hard in the middle finger- the trigger guard is coming back and hitting my finger like a hammer- I wrote Benelli customer service and they have not responded by email after 2 weeks. My partner just bought the Beretta Extrema 2 with the kick off! It is lighter and has virtually no kick at all! Go with the Beretta. My ex-wife shoots a Benelli SBE I and has no problem with the kick- she got the stock shortened and fitted to her also. So either go with SBE I or Extrema 2...my finger is in such bad shape I actually did not duck hunt this last weekend- letting the scab heal...I thought it just might be me and how I am holding it so I let my buddy who is shorter than me shoot it and it smacked his finger also- it does not smack with 3" but 3.5" is bad...
etfremduckhunter
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum