Federal Speed Shok

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide, pennsyltucky

Federal Speed Shok

Postby rhill14 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:50 pm

I ordered a case of Federal Speed Shok 3.5" 1 1/2 #2s and got them in and the first box I opened almost all of them seemed like they did not get seated all the way and the end of them was ballooned out about a quarter inch or more rather than being recessed like all the kents and winchesters ive typically shot. Started looking through the case and atleast half of the shells were this way. If they were 3" shells I wouldnt be too worried but am concerned these might hang up when they are feeding since there 3.5s. Would this concern any of you or have you noticed this before?
rhill14
hunter

Re: Federal Speed Shok

Postby BBK » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:20 pm

Never noticed it before. Give federal a call and ask what they think you should do.
Why do I shoot 3.5" for geese? Because they don't make a 4" yet!
BBK
hunter

Postby goosepit2007 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:02 pm

BBK wrote:Never noticed it before. Give federal a call and ask what they think you should do.

this good advice they should be sending ya some new shells to replace them they had the machines/componenets off that day that those were made...give them call right away and tell them what you found in the case of there factory ammo.
goosepit2007
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Then after they send you a new case of shells you can get a GEAP head from Solway and form the expanded ones better than the factory did or could................
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:52 pm

I once got a couple boxes of fed 3" like that . Not only were the crimps bulged out but you could see the imprint of the pellets in the hull. I shot them without any problems but probably wouldn't try it again.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes