Where the H3LL are the ducks?

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Where the H3LL are the ducks?

Postby DellsDucks » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:50 pm

Have not been seeing hardly any ducks. I look at migration reports and they are saying they are seeing them and i have been going all over and not been seeing anything. What have you all witnessed?
2013 Waterfowl
Teal: 13
Woodies:3
Mallards:2
Black Ducks:1
Divers: 2
DellsDucks
hunter

Re: Where the H3LL are the ducks?

Postby badgerfowl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:58 am

We had lots of woodies around this weekend. Our Saturday morning hunt lasted all of 10 minutes. They just kept piling in. 2 man limit. Only saw about a dozen on Sunday morning. Group of 4 came in and knocked down 2, including a banded hen woodie. Local bird. Whiffed a couple times sunday night. Juneau County.
badgerfowl
hunter

Postby BurnettGunner » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:15 am

Ducks and geese are all over the northern counties right now. You will start seeing them by next week. They just started getting here last Friday.
BurnettGunner
hunter

Postby BIG4nothing » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm from the Madison area and we've been seeing a decent amount of ducks for the past few weeks. Not huge numbers by any stretch but if you put in the work there are plenty to be had. Getting at least 4-5 every trip out. Hunted Pool 9 last weekend and saw a lot of high flyers, but still plenty to pop at. Been working up in the Reedsburg area lately and have seen plenty up there too.
BIG4nothing
Newb

Postby whistlinwings » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:02 am

I hear ya dells I have only shot one greenhead this year its ridiculous I havnt seen any flying either. If it wasn't for divers I wouldn't be shooting anything.
whistlinwings
hunter

Postby DKMF » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:18 am

Should get better if we get north winds
DKMF
hunter

Postby marktank » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:16 pm

Go to where the food is for them. I am close to you dells and not having a problem finding birds at all.
marktank
hunter

Postby Justin Weber » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:01 pm

Put miles on the truck. If they are not where your at you can eithier wine about it or find them.
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Postby muskyduck » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Central has been getting the divers. Great reports on bluebills, goldeneye, and cans on the river. Geese are here but fields are just now getting harvested so they will finally be moving a bit more. Very small push of mallards so far. Starting tomorrow it will freeze at night and through the weekend. You will see some serious mallard movement then with the small backwater areas icing up. :thumbsup:
muskyduck
hunter

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting