Is there such a thing as too much motion?

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake, Token

Is there such a thing as too much motion?

Postby Freezer » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:29 pm

I hunt a public salt marsh in Northern California. With the drought conditions these last few years we're getting a lot of wind less blue bird skies. In addition with the competition I want my sored to look more natural and different from the other spreads. I figured I'll pull out all the stops. I've seen moto ducks flare as many birds as they bring in. That said I want water motion. Water jet decoys need too much power. A few years ago I found a torpedo with a weed guard that works well, I bought four. I'lll attach them to a variety of decoys including a coot. I have two shaker butts and will have four more on jerk cords. I will couple them with a few home made head bobbers. I have four weasel balls I'll fit into decoys. I have some shell goose decoys that move with the slightest breeze and some soft shell mallards for the blind island. I bought rechargeable batteries and a smart charger that will work in my motor home. Is there such a thing as too much motion?
Freezer
hunter

Re: Is there such a thing as too much motion?

Postby RShockley » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:26 pm

I wouldn't think so. At least with the way you are planning on doing it. I would think it would make it look more natural. Have seen how much motion a group of live ducks produce? It's a lot more movement then I have ever seen out of a decoy spread.
RShockley
hunter

Re: Is there such a thing as too much motion?

Postby creole » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:41 pm

Look at the wonderduck cyclones

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk [url='http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10']now Free[/url]
creole
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting