Frustrating

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Frustrating

Postby KAhunter » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:25 am

You cant say "not asking for spots or cyberscouting, just want to know about an area" when you ask if anyone has killed ducks in a given area. Its like saying "with all due respect" to someone then giving them an insult. Its doesnt make it ok and you are still cyberscouting. If you are curious about a spot, go out there and take a look for yourself. If its too far to go scout, then you need to find a new place to duck hunt. And stop posting reports from specific areas. Public or private. North Carolina is literally the joke of DHC because of people who constantly cyberscout. Its too crowded as it is. Keep that stuff to youself. PMs work too. Rant over.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Re: Frustrating

Postby grizz18 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:36 am

Is asking about logistics of a draw hunt crossing the line?
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby wahoowilly » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:09 am

Yes. If you are not familiar with the site, you need to get that way BEFORE you apply.
wahoowilly
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 am

So, where are the ducks? :)

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby trigger22 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:29 am

grizz18 wrote:Is asking about logistics of a draw hunt crossing the line?

I don't think so. At least not the way you asked about North River. There are questions that shouldn't be asked though because the answers are written in black and white on the same page that was utilized to apply for the draw.
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby jcz » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:49 am

Folks are just lazy. Period. I admit it I am lazy too. I do not scout as much as I should. For those of you that are able to get out and scout 2 to 3 times a week I applaud you. :clapping: I just can't do it. I am not making excuses for all the cyberscouters from NC. You don't see me asking those questions.

I visit this site to see how other people's hunting season is going. I enjoy seeing their boats, blinds, and setups. Get ideas to improve my own set up. There is a wealth of knowledge here for those of us that take the time to read and enjoy the pics and stories posted by others.

Cyberscouters are the skybusters of the internet.
jcz
hunter

Postby Metalman » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:53 am

jcz wrote:Cyberscouters are the skybusters of the internet.

Well said :lol: :thumbsup:
Put that duck call in your pocket, you're not that good, and you're flaring birds
http://www.CaptGarysDowneast.com
I support "Safe Hunter Law"
Tip your guide! He can't control the ducks or how poorly you shoot!
Metalman
hunter

Postby Technician » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:24 am

close this thing down, and all the rest
take the fishing forums out too
the owners cant be making $ on 4 adds from fledgling waterfowl companies
it has been proven that north Carolinians cant handle it, too many red necks, not enough water, only people that really need or enjoy the forums are the people who aren't approaching it the right way to begin with. There has to be a weed out mechanism with everything or we would all be president of the united states. (that actually may be better than our current situation) but....

I concur with OP, asking if ppl hunt somewhere puts a location online for everyone to see and confirms whether ducks are in the area at some point or another thus increasing pressure and causing all of the lovely problems that a lot of us face these days. ITs ok if I kick you in the **** as long as I say sorry first right?
Technician
hunter

Postby Sir Big Spur » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:53 pm

aunt betty wrote:So, where are the ducks? :)

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

What an idiot.
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips.
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:56 pm

I bet if they charged $5.00 admission to this site 90% of the cyberscouters would be gone. :lol3:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:47 pm

All I know is I drove 4 hrs to place to scout and planned to hunt regardless of ducks or no ducks since we drew the hunt. If asking some logistics to make scouting it easier was over the line... Eff it.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby Sir Big Spur » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:05 pm

grizz18 wrote:All I know is I drove 4 hrs to place to scout and planned to hunt regardless of ducks or no ducks since we drew the hunt. If asking some logistics to make scouting it easier was over the line... Eff it.

Preach.
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips.
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:17 pm

So, where's the friggin ducks? I've been watching Dynasty all night, and I'm cranked! :thumbsup:

And by the way, Phil's wife is HOT! That babe can cook!

OK, now where are all the ducks?? Got to have me a friggin duck! I mean NOW! :mad:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby trigger22 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:25 pm

I scouted out Union Point Park this afternoon and know where I'll be on Saturday morning. If any of you want to join me, be at the third set of park benches Saturday morning at 0600. Bring a loaf of wonder bread and wear some gym shorts and running shoes. We should have our limit of mallards by lst
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby southernthrill_1 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:17 pm

I swear N.C. dhc is to funny its like a bunch of teenage kids on here fighting over a duck LOL
southernthrill_1
hunter

Postby TooTall » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:50 pm

southernthrill_1 wrote:I swear N.C. dhc is to funny its like a bunch of teenage kids on here fighting over a duck LOL

It's not just DHC, this basically sums up public land hunting in NC.
Garrett Trentham
TooTall
hunter

Postby MSparks909 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:58 am

trigger22 wrote:I scouted out Union Point Park this afternoon and know where I'll be on Saturday morning. If any of you want to join me, be at the third set of park benches Saturday morning at 0600. Bring a loaf of wonder bread and wear some gym shorts and running shoes. We should have our limit of mallards by lst

:lol: Gotta love the tamey mallards at UP!
MSparks909
hunter

Postby NCtroutbum » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:25 pm

southernthrill_1 wrote:I swear N.C. dhc is to funny its like a bunch of teenage kids on here fighting over a duck LOL

how was your hunt saturday when you showed up to public land and setup 50 yards from the next hunter down the marsh and hail called at grebes and honked at high flying seagulls? :no:
NCtroutbum
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:52 am

Had guys set up about 300 yards from us sky bust bad on a couple groups and shoot to flair ducks that passed them and were coming to us. Its sad too see how disrespectful some people are when it comes to killing a duck. As hard as they tried, they couldnt ruin our day. :hammer:
Last edited by KAhunter on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby Josh11591 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:00 am

Im not going ot tell you where to shoot ducks, but for your best chances for a great day say no to NC. Seriously AR is worth the drive if you are an addict like me.
Josh11591
hunter

Postby southernthrill_1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:52 am

Typical 13 year old boy response there a troutbum lol enough said
southernthrill_1
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting