Ottawa draw hunt

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Ottawa draw hunt

Postby Hrhorsesnhounds » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:14 pm

I got drew for an Ottawa NWR hunt and was wondering what to expect to be hunting in if we dont draw a blind to hunt in. Is it real high grass? Something I need to take a layout blind for or swamp seat, netting, ect? Is there field hunting or all marsh to get drawn for. Wish they would tell ya if ya had a blind or not before you go so ya know what to take.
Thanks in advance for any information!
Hrhorsesnhounds
Newb

Re: Ottawa draw hunt

Postby Uncle.Lou » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:15 pm

Hrhorsesnhounds wrote:I got drew for an Ottawa NWR hunt and was wondering what to expect to be hunting in if we dont draw a blind to hunt in. Is it real high grass? Something I need to take a layout blind for or swamp seat, netting, ect? Is there field hunting or all marsh to get drawn for. Wish they would tell ya if ya had a blind or not before you go so ya know what to take.
Thanks in advance for any information!

You will need waders, there will be a blind in your zone. Some zones have boats to get to blind. If you have a long walk they have deer carts for you to use to haul decoys. You have to pick a zone in AM. You should have a good hunt. Good luck to you! :thumbsup: They are marsh hunts.
Uncle.Lou
hunter

Postby Hrhorsesnhounds » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Thanks Lou! Your information is very helpful.
Hrhorsesnhounds
Newb

Postby sc83 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:47 pm

How did ya do? I got a hunt there on Wednesday.
sc83
hunter

Postby Hrhorsesnhounds » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:48 pm

Didnt kill any but we seen alot flying over early going out to Erie it seemed. Had that south wind and all the birds seemed to be on the big lake rafted up just off shore. We seen them later in the day when we were driving around.
Hrhorsesnhounds
Newb

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting