Why are hunters bashing "Duck Dynasty hunters"

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Why are hunters bashing

Postby ohioboy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:31 pm

dudejcb wrote:
macdaddy wrote:
dudejcb wrote:Oh, I forgot my initial reason for posting.

The problem I see, if any, with the Duck Dynasty thing is that it reminds me of of a hybrid cross between the movie A River Runs Through It and The Three Stooges. On the one hand it may encourage some newbies to go for it duck-hunting-wise, on the other they may get in my way as has oft happened over the years ... and the last thing we need is even more demand (read that scarcity and more costly) for shot shells, guide employees showing up in my spots to "hold" it for when the rich and clueless show up to shoot.

At least the Robertsons don't wear black sweatshirts.

Take heart, Dude - many of the "newbees" will disappear after the first year. Disappointment settles in fast.

Your "hybrid cross between...A River Runs Through It and the Three Stooges" has me laughing as I type this; the mental picture is hysterical. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I thought the funny part was in the first post "I decided to become a very serious duck hunter about age 14 and began reading books and magazines, and bought a 45 rpm instructional duck calling record from Herters mail order. It was on. Now I'm the best duck hunter that ever lived. Thanks Herters." Hard to believe no one jumped on that.

we all know that aiden is the best ever.
ohioboy
hunter

Re: Why are hunters bashing

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:03 pm

ohioboy wrote:
dudejcb wrote:
macdaddy wrote:
dudejcb wrote:Oh, I forgot my initial reason for posting.

The problem I see, if any, with the Duck Dynasty thing is that it reminds me of of a hybrid cross between the movie A River Runs Through It and The Three Stooges. On the one hand it may encourage some newbies to go for it duck-hunting-wise, on the other they may get in my way as has oft happened over the years ... and the last thing we need is even more demand (read that scarcity and more costly) for shot shells, guide employees showing up in my spots to "hold" it for when the rich and clueless show up to shoot.

At least the Robertsons don't wear black sweatshirts.

Take heart, Dude - many of the "newbees" will disappear after the first year. Disappointment settles in fast.

Your "hybrid cross between...A River Runs Through It and the Three Stooges" has me laughing as I type this; the mental picture is hysterical. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I thought the funny part was in the first post "I decided to become a very serious duck hunter about age 14 and began reading books and magazines, and bought a 45 rpm instructional duck calling record from Herters mail order. It was on. Now I'm the best duck hunter that ever lived. Thanks Herters." Hard to believe no one jumped on that.

we all know that aiden is the best ever.

Nope...it's the new guy to the C.I. forum, whistleingwings....when you see it, you will laugh.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum