Your input please.

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Re: Your input please.

Postby coachbob » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:47 am

People hunt for different reasons. I enjoy the time with my friends, my dog, and away from the BS of everyday life. I also like to eat ducks. I have learned that the reason most people don't like spoonies is that they sat they taste like S---. This may be true once they hit the delta and start eating mussels and other bay delicasies. Up in the Sac Valley, these fine ducks are feasting on the rice, just like the other "good" ducks. If you know how to cook em, shoot em! Don't just shoot spoonies to get numbers, shoot em to get dinner! Just my .02
coachbob
hunter

Postby Winemaker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:32 pm

So Yellowlab,

You are attempting to get posters on this forum to come clean about how many pintail and mallard they kill each day so that you can map out the migration of these birds and better understand where you want to hunt?

Good luck with that :lol:
Winemaker
hunter

Postby yellowlabhunter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:47 pm

Winemaker wrote:So Yellowlab,

You are attempting to get posters on this forum to come clean about how many pintail and mallard they kill each day so that you can map out the migration of these birds and better understand where you want to hunt?

Good luck with that :lol:

Guilty as charged!

Dave
yellowlabhunter
hunter

Postby yellowdog53 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:29 pm

More thought should be put into Thread topics before they are posted....

Purist or pure shooter who cares who kills what. Secondly anyone who posts what they kill on a web site for all to see and collect data on is a fool if they think no one cares or is watching these sites for data..

Now before everyone goes off and brings up Canada pics thats a lot different then local pics because not as easy to go to Canada as it is to a local refuge..

Lastly why anyone cares what anyone shoots is beyond me... Guys should care about themselves and their hunt only..Whatever they target is their choice who cares.....Keep that pie hole shut and not provide data for all to see because remember the other guy watching this site is your competition...
yellowdog53
hunter

Postby #4Buckshot » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:13 am

Whoops-E-Daisy! My Bad
Thanks LeakyW8ers, I did get the two names mixed up.
As he's always stated, yellowdog53 is very strict, as per his two basic statements that I highlighted, that it didn't make any sense to me why he'd even ask a question, he doesn't believe in, to get an answer he also doesn't believe in, on a post he'd never submit.

I tell you, it's a bitch getting old.
Last edited by #4Buckshot on Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#4Buckshot
hunter

Postby yellowlabhunter » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:07 am

I will tell you all what....you are passionate! Me too...good lord willing may you all keep the fire. Right or wrong...we have an opinion. If you post Spooney numbers good deal....thanks for the input. I will pass on them and those who choose to shoot them...good deal. Be well.

Dave
yellowlabhunter
hunter

Postby Silverwidgeon » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:44 am

LeakyW8ers wrote:they are hogging up the habitat for other ducks. If they keep breeding and staying at 150%+ over the long term average they are taking up nesting habitat for Mallards and other birds that use the same habitat for nesting.

Honestly, if you want more Mallards in the sky, you need to implement a Shovelor eradication program. Target the hens. Refresh the sausage pile with the meat of dead spoonies.

Love it, thats my state of mind. specially if it's central valley spoons, when they r eatin rice it don't matter much 2 me, i've had some nasty mallards and good spoons, all depends on where they've been feedin.
"At times like these it's best to remember that there have always been times like these."
Silverwidgeon
hunter

Postby LeakyW8ers » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:14 am

#4Buckshot wrote:yellowdog stated: #1- "Why anyone cares about what anyone shoots is beyond me" (but but YOU asked!)
Then it gets even more convoluted, and sad, because when people, incorrectly, gave you the benefit of the doubt and responded, your true/advertised? nature became apparent for all (who don't know you) to see with:
#2- "Whatever they target is their choice" "Keep that pie-hole shut, and not provide data for all to see"......

Now then, can you possibly give me a rational explanation for YOUR POST when you obviously disagree with the validity of YOUR initial question AND the validity off any possible answers that may arise from it?

To be honest with you, I-just-don't-understand, UNLESS you're a/an.....

#4Buckshot, you are talking about 2 different people. You posted about what yellowdog53 has said in his reply, but yellowlabhunter is the thread starter on this one. No conflict in statements, just a little confusion there. Hope that clears it up.
If at first you don't succeed, maybe skydiving isn't for you.

California Waterfowl Association Life Member
Ducks Unlimited Member
National Rifle Association Member
LeakyW8ers
hunter

Previous

Return to California Duck Hunting