Duck Hunting Forum banner

Beretta a300 outlander

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  nhbones 
#1 ·
Anyone have one of these guns? Considering ordering one since a 3" gun is what I want just looking for some reviews

#3 ·
I bought one when they first came out and ended up letting the BIL talk me into letting him buy it for the nephew. I liked the gun quite a bit, but it really offered me nothing over the 3901/390 that I was currently shooting.

The gun has been going steadily, shooting steel and target loads and my in laws are not what I would call diligent with cleaning and care of their guns.

I really liked the LOP spacers, the fit and finish and feel of it, slightly trimmer than the 390/3901.

I think if a 3" gun is all you need, you cannot get a better gun for the money.

Sent from my furloughed Obama phone

#4 ·
I got one in August. So far so good, but really only shot it opening day of dove season. It swings well, shoots soft, and is pretty light. Overall, it seems like a great gun for the money. You might want to check out the Franchise Affinity as well. I've heard good things on that gun. My brother in-law looked at both and ended up buying the Beretta a couple of weeks ago. He liked both and they're priced about the same, he really couldn't say what we he liked better about the A300.

#5 ·
Funny you should ask. I bought one in June, cleaned it when I got it home. Shot a bunch of clays this summer, a few boxes of junky walmart loads during dove season (cleaned it after dove season), and this morning it went on it's second duck hunt without a jam, misfire, zero problems. This morning was cold here in Idaho too. Snow and rain this morning with ice frozen to the barrel and other parts of the gun, boom boom boom every time. I dig this gun and I would recommend it to anyone.

#6 ·
Love this gun. Absolutely deadly on ducks with kent 2 3/4" #2s with the factory modified tube in. I put about 350 rounds shooting clays without a hitch through it the first two weeks I bought it. Served me well in the early teal season, and early split in October. I much prefer it to the jammomatic Benelli M2 I had last year that I got rid of.

#7 ·
I bought this gun late in the season last year for my son. After running a few boxes of shells through it, we got a couple of hunts in with it before the season closed. No complaints from either of us. He really likes it. Have had no problems with it at all. I shoot an SEB II and love it, but when I shot his A300, I was impressed with the feel of it. I also liked the LOP adjustments in the stock. He is 13 and could shoot it very comfortable with a little shorter LOP than standard. I would recommend it, especially for the price.

#9 ·
Traded in some gift cards, father's day & b-day money & traded in a Mossberg 835 for the camo version Outlander A300 at KTP Septemberfest on labor day.

Cleaned it thoroughly, shot well over a case (250) ...maybe 350 rounds through it at skeet & sporting clays in September and maybe a box and a half shells this fall and no problems.

Love the way the gun feels and shoots and don't miss the 3 1/2" as I was shooting 3" for ducks anyways.

I highly recommend it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.