NEW DOUBLE TT LAB PUP

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

NEW DOUBLE TT LAB PUP

Postby Irishwhistler » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:06 pm

I just got a new Labrador pup bred by Haynes and Colleen Floyd, breeder / owners of Douvle TT British Kennels in Sylvia, Kansas. My black male pup is from the mating of HRCH TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN MH x FTW LEAWYN LAINNE TARA and the little pups AKC registered name is TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD. All indications to date Point to Trad as being destined for gundog greatness. he is a pleasure to work with each day.

DOUBLE TT BRITISH KENNELS and owners Haynes and Colleen Floyd have been icredible folks to deal with, and my pup is more than I could have hoped for.

Any other Double TT Bitish Kennel clients out there on this site? Any in Connecticut?

Slainte,
Irishwhistler
"TEAM TRAD" - Pro Staff
DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
Irishwhistler
hunter

Re: NEW DOUBLE TT LAB PUP

Postby GarDuck » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:53 am

Ive had the pleasure of working with a couple of pups out of craighorn bracken and they are a perplexing lot. They can bee taught mostly anything with the prospect of a retrieve in their future. Please stay in touch and let me know what observations you have and any road blocks you run into.
GarDuck
hunter

Postby Irishwhistler » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:18 am

GarDuck wrote:Ive had the pleasure of working with a couple of pups out of craighorn bracken and they are a perplexing lot. They can bee taught mostly anything with the prospect of a retrieve in their future. Please stay in touch and let me know what observations you have and any road blocks you run into.

GarDuck,
CRAIGHORN BRACKEN is the great grandsire of my pup TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD. I'll send you a PM.

Irishwhistler
"TEAM TRAD" - Pro Staff
DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
Irishwhistler
hunter

Postby thesportinglifestyle » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:03 pm

I've heard great things about the Double TT dogs, congrats on your new pup!!
thesportinglifestyle
hunter

Postby Conecuh » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:02 pm

Craighorn Bracken is the great grandsire to my 2 year old girl Ella. She is a fireball! Extremely smart and will retrieve all day! She just got her Hunting Retriever (HR) title back in September. Here's a few pics of her.

Conecuh
hunter

Postby Irishwhistler » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:43 pm

thesportinglifestyle wrote:I've heard great things about the Double TT dogs, congrats on your new pup!!

And rightly so. Owners Haynes and Colleen Floyd are extremely nice folks to work with and the selective breeding program at Double TT Kennels id producing some incredible gundog / hunt test prospect pups. My new wee pup TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD is already displayimg the traits that lend a pup toward gundog greatness. I look forward to seeing where I can take him through prodiciently applied training.

Cheers Mate,
Irishwhistler
"TEAM TRAD" - Pro Staff
DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
Irishwhistler
hunter

Postby Irishwhistler » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Conecuh,
VERY NICE LOOKING YELLOW, and obviously working well for you in both hunting and hunt test events. Congratulations on your great taste in Labrador gundogs. Was your girl out of Double TT and from what sire x dam mating?

Continued success with that beautiful retriever. :thumbsup:

Slainte,
Irishwhistler
"TEAM TRAD" - Pro Staff
DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
Irishwhistler
hunter

Postby chingon » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:52 pm

I own a YLF sired by Silversnipe Jester from TT. Exceptional dog, exceptional breeders. Mine is not as gorgeous as the yellow bitch above, but she is similarly colored (dark yellow). Very small, around 47 pounds. At just over a year, she is just about to start her first duck and pheasant hunting seasons, but she shows great promise, and I expect she will outpace me in terms of skill. Wonderful house pet, very people-oriented and friendly. Great nose, very strong drive, not an ounce of quit. A little soft, but easy-going and forgiving. Learns quickly and took to birds and fetches like she was born to work...because she was.

I have seen 5 or 6 dogs from that kennel and doubt I'll ever buy from another.

6 mo:

chingon
hunter

Postby Irishwhistler » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Chingon,
Thanks for your reply and for the look at your yellow female, she sure is a beauty! Good luck with her. :thumbsup:

Irishwhistler
"TEAM TRAD" - Pro Staff
DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
Irishwhistler
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum