Landing zone problems!

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, Token, duckbuster06

Re: Landing zone problems!

Postby BBK » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Well then it sounds like you have the basic knowledge to make them work, why return?
Why do I shoot 3.5" for geese? Because they don't make a 4" yet!
BBK
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Firm believer in that a product purchased and manufactured to perform a certain way should. If I wanted to and had the time to build remotes and waterproof spinning motors, I wouldn't be talking to you here or ducking 45+ days a season. No offense at all. $17 product that doesn't work I rather go with the name brand remotes for $35 and plug and play (yes, $35. You have to shop around and I am not providing a link). It comes to the resolution of time versus money. With these remotes time out weighs money. I can spend my time working or building other things over finicky, after market remotes that are subjective. Plus, I can careless about turning the spinners off. I hunt geese after duck season.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby BBK » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Amazon has mojo remotes for 34 and change. :thumbsup:

They will work with any spinning decoy if you cut the plug off and hard wire it.
BBK
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:37 pm

BBK wrote:Amazon has mojo remotes for 34 and change. :thumbsup:

They will work with any spinning decoy if you cut the plug off and hard wire it.

Again, "plug and play..."
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby greenster » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:54 am

teal12 wrote: 7 mojo mallards.

Your kidding right? Birds will not finish with 1 of those dam things much less 7 of them.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby BBK » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:45 pm

KillerKowalski wrote:
BBK wrote:Amazon has mojo remotes for 34 and change. :thumbsup:

Again, "plug and play..."

Wired up a $18 remote for a friend on a wonder duck. Works great out to 40 yards, but that is as far as I had room to test it tonight. We'll see how far the real max range is on the water. I'd suspect about 100 yards. You have to get the long range one though, single remote with metal antenna. The 2 remote ones don't work worth a crap, made that mistake first. Took about 3 minutes to wire up.
BBK
hunter

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Try different types of spreads with decoys. As far as grouping, spacing, etc. hint. But a lot of clubs/guides hunt same spread all season no matter what the wind/ weather. Put them out and leave them out. One equalizer that will never go away is timely calling with the right cadence/sequence. Great calling trumps 7 mojos.
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Previous

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting