Geese are on the move.

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Geese are on the move.

Postby I am A Redneck » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Incredible numbers spotted in Caribou area while moose hunting. Watched 500-700 birds land in a pond in downtown caribou one night and saw lots of migrators every day.
I am A Redneck
hunter

Re: Geese are on the move.

Postby hickunit » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Last week was even worse....stupid amount of birds around up here in the County....
hickunit
hunter

Postby Seaductor » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:45 am

About Halloween the majority of the geese hit the road as the small waters closed up.

Sent from my XT556 using Tapatalk 2
When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Postby R-Factor » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:30 am

Still a lot of geese filtering through the north country! As a rule though, I think field hunting this time of year can be incredibly challenging up here. Flocks of 300 birds in one field one day can be gone the next morning...blinds that "stick out" at all seem to be more easily detected by "veteran" birds...not quite like September- that's for sure! I love it just the same though- it makes us all "up" our game in November. Good hunting to all you weekend warriors tomorrow! :hammer:
R-Factor
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting