feelings on wonderducks?

Duck Hunting for puddlers like Mallards, Sprig (Pintails), Black ducks, Widgeons, Woodducks, Teal, and other ducks.

Moderators: Token, duckbuster06, The Cat Island Drake

feelings on wonderducks?

Postby schreck72 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:10 am

Hey guys im just wondering what everyones opinions are on the wonderduck decoys? Do they work good or not? im looking for extra ways to draw the birds into the kill zone.
schreck72
hunter

Re: feelings on wonderducks?

Postby duckman27 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:57 pm

Put out a life like spread and you will have ducks in this "kill zone" you speak of. All a flapper does is hurt your chances of getting them in really close.
duckman27
hunter

Postby BBK » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:17 pm

We are having problems with stale water in front of us, birds arent finishing. Have a wonderduck tornado in front of me, rigging it up with a remote so we'll see how it works. I wan't to be able to turn the noisy summbitch off when birds start working. THEY ARE LOUD! (the motor, not the splashing). It is a 3V 550rpm DC motor wired reverse (pos to neg, neg to pos). Loudest DC motor I have ever heard.
BBK
hunter

Postby :-) » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:18 pm

I like mine, and I hunt with several. On multiple occasions I've had ducks land in the decoys right next to the noisy sob's, and just hang out.
:-)
hunter

Postby Porkinginpublic » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:55 am

I don't go to the leavee without mine. when the wind isn't blowing its makes movement that also gives movement to the surrounding decoys.
Porkinginpublic
hunter

Return to Puddler Duck Hunting