Are you afraid of the dark?

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, finsnfeathershunter, duckman2000, PinTeal

Are you afraid of the dark?

Postby slowshooter » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:07 am

No?

Then quit walking back to your vehicle during the last 1/2 hour of shoot time.

Don't be the uber-douche.

That is all.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Re: Are you afraid of the dark?

Postby sprigpig1 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:11 am

This is funny... Tell us how you really feel slow
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby quack-attack » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:01 am

Yah because all of our obligations outside of duck hunting should come secondary to your needs...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2
“A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise.” Aldo Leopold
quack-attack
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:34 am

quack-attack wrote:Yah because all of our obligations outside of duck hunting should come secondary to your needs...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

If you have to leave 1/2 hour before, might as well get your lazy @$$ up and leave an hour early and be respectful to those who want to finish out the whole day :thumbsup:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Shooting wide » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:21 am

Ha! I think it is probably the same guys that are still out in the open, throwing out decoys 5 minutes before shoot time in the morning.
Shooting wide
hunter

Postby Calikev » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:26 am

Never have understood why guys do that. They sit out there all afternoon and then start picking up before the end of shooting time. That really ticks me off. They can't wait another few minutes before the end? Ridiculous.

An emergency is one thing but there are guys who constantly do this and they are in no hurry. They mess up everyone's hunt by doing that. If you absolutely got to go then do it quick and quietly. Folks appreciate that.
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I seem to have"
Calikev
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:55 am

Next time I limit out early I'll make sure to wait until you're done. :rolleyes:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby afmotorsports » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:11 pm

Shooting wide wrote:Ha! I think it is probably the same guys that are still out in the open, throwing out decoys 5 minutes before shoot time in the morning.

+1

Is it really some big secret that the best opportunities tend to be in the first 30-45 minutes in the morning and the last 30-45 minutes before sundown? I used to belong to a club that had a specific rule that you had to be in your blind at least 30 minutes before shoot time, otherwise you were supposed to hang out until 8:00AM before walking out so you don't screw up other people's hunt. It's just common courtesy. If you have obligations that require you to leave early, pick up your stuff and get out at least an hour before sundown. If you just limited out 20-30 minutes before sundown, then just hang out for a few minutes and give the other guys a chance to finish out their day. I would extend that courtesy to other hunters and I would hope they would do the same if the tables were turned.
afmotorsports
hunter

Postby Calikev » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:54 pm

clampdaddy wrote:Next time I limit out early I'll make sure to wait until you're done. :rolleyes:

Hate to break it to you but leaving with 30 min to an hour to go is not limiting out early. If you get down to that time of day then the right thing to do is wait around the last few minutes out of courtesy. Now if no one is around then it shouldn't be a problem or you have an emergency or something really urgent. If one has to leave then do it silently and quickly. That's all folks ask for is a little common courtesy.

Ultimately it is up to each guy what sort of respect he wants to show others and unfortunately there isn't much of that going around these days. It is the me first attitude that some folks bring with them that has led us more and more to controlled hunting situations.
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I seem to have"
Calikev
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Calikev wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:Next time I limit out early I'll make sure to wait until you're done. :rolleyes:

Hate to break it to you but leaving with 30 min to an hour to go is not limiting out early. If you get down to that time of day then the right thing to do is wait around the last few minutes out of courtesy. Now if no one is around then it shouldn't be a problem or you have an emergency or something really urgent. If one has to leave then do it silently and quickly. That's all folks ask for is a little common courtesy.

Ultimately it is up to each guy what sort of respect he wants to show others and unfortunately there isn't much of that going around these days. It is the me first attitude that some folks bring with them that has led us more and more to controlled hunting situations.

I was just trying to tug on Slows chain a litte. :wink: But it really does depend on where you're hunting. When I hunt the refuge, the one slough and two ponds that I hit only allow enough people that there's no reason to hunt close enough that someone packing up and leaving would molest someone else's hunt (but I will admit that I have done it on purpose once to a guy who thought it was a good idea to set up to close). At the club I have no problem waiting because I know that I'll have to walk by spreads in action.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby rvbankman » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:30 pm

While overall I agree that it's uncouth to putz around the first or last hour of shoot time, more than a couple of times I've had "those guys" send birds my way!!!! :grooving:
rvbankman
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:43 pm

rvbankman wrote:While overall I agree that it's uncouth to putz around the first or last hour of shoot time, more than a couple of times I've had "those guys" send birds my way!!!! :grooving:

Me too. As long as they're fairly far away, I'd rather have them out picking up their decoys than gone an hour ago with birds landing in open water on the other side of the pond where they used to be.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby #4Buckshot » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:53 pm

rvbankman and clampdaddy are correct. The only reason the birds seem to show up around your set, during that time, is because of their (the other hunters) movement.
Just like when you leave your fire-stick in the blind/tank to go take a whizz.
#4Buckshot
hunter

Postby rvbankman » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:24 pm

#4Buckshot wrote:Just like when you leave your fire-stick in the blind/tank to go take a whizz.

Oh, so you'rethe one who doesn't pee in the blind! :thumbsup:
rvbankman
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Mind your own business. If a guy wants to leave it ain't gunna affect everyone's hunt that much. He might spook some your way.

sent from my fancy phone that has a really cool kickstand via tapaskwawk
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby fish dog » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:07 pm

I had a hunt last year that I ended up limiting with about 35 minutes to go. Sat in the blind and watched the show so I didn't screw anything up for the neighboring blinds.
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3
fish dog
hunter

Postby Shooting wide » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:56 am

fish dog wrote:I had a hunt last year that I ended up limiting with about 35 minutes to go. Sat in the blind and watched the show so I didn't screw anything up for the neighboring blinds.

That would be the proper thing to do, in my wise and generally correct opinion.

Additionally, it would be the proper thing to do if you had nothing and the guys 200 yards away from you were smacking them.
Shooting wide
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Shooting wide wrote:
fish dog wrote:I had a hunt last year that I ended up limiting with about 35 minutes to go. Sat in the blind and watched the show so I didn't screw anything up for the neighboring blinds.

That would be the proper thing to do, in my wise and generally correct opinion.

Additionally, it would be the proper thing to do if you had nothing and the guys 200 yards away from you were smacking them.

+ 1 to that!
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby renatboost » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:38 pm

Had a blind at the neighboring club yell as I was walking out right at LST. Packed up right at the exact minute and was heading to the truck!

These are the same boneheads that continue to shoot 10minutes after LST.

Not to mention......10before shoot time and those $12 birds as they all go to the plug on those 75yrd shots!

KEEP YELLING!!!!!
renatboost
hunter

Return to California Duck Hunting