US COAST GUARD EMERGENCY NUMBER

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

US COAST GUARD EMERGENCY NUMBER

Postby Paul26 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:02 am

Emergency US Coast Guard number in NC--252-247-4570

Everyone going out on the water on the NC coast should have this number saved and speed dialed on the cell phone.

This number is to the USCG Sector Command Center in Wilmington. They have immediate communications to every rescue resource on the entire coast of NC.

Paul
Paul26
hunter

Re: US COAST GUARD EMERGENCY NUMBER

Postby Powerstroke9773 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:39 pm

I will add to that though the coast guard is there to help you out of a horrible situation. The USCG is not a tow service.
Powerstroke9773
hunter

Postby tarheel yankee » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:58 pm

Paul...I have stayed off here last year and this year because of all the rediculousness...lol

I do have aquestion for you or anyone else familiar with the Topsail Island area. Is there a website or a map that tells where you are allowed to hunt in the intercoastal waterway or alond the New River near Camp Lejeune? I know in the ICW that supposedly you have to be on the inland side and not on the island side of the ICW, at least that is what I have heard and where i have hunted over the past few years. I am planning a group trip down there after Christmas and want to go scout a little prior to that, but I want to scout where I can legally hunt. Myabe you or someone else could help me out with where it is legal to hunt or point me in the right direction. Thanks for any assistance.
Chris
U.S. Army, Infantry,.........RETIRED!!!
tarheel yankee
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:15 pm

Good post, good looking out for your fellow hunters :hammer:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Paul26 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:30 pm

Tar Heel,
Will PM in a few days.
Vr
Paul
Paul26
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting