Liverpool

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, huntall6, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker

Liverpool

Postby Keny656 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:18 am

Is there anywhere that may show where all of the public areas in Illinois open for waterfowl are? I have gone through the dnr website and I cannot find one that says Liverpool, IL area. I have heard some guys talking about it but i want to know if it is public or if they are trespassing and just doing as they please. They say its public but i want to make sure.

Thanks
Rain Kead my Friends, Rain Kead.
Keny656
hunter

Re: Liverpool

Postby turns56 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:33 am

http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Pag ... heets.aspx

http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/hu ... /index.htm

It doesn't look like their are too many opportunities in the West Central region for public waterfowl.
turns56
hunter

Postby Keny656 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:50 am

yea there isn't a whole lot. And there are no ducks that's for sure
Rain Kead my Friends, Rain Kead.
Keny656
hunter

Postby waterfowler9 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:33 pm

There are a several places around liverpool open to public hunting. :huh:
waterfowler9
hunter

Postby riverrat47 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:23 am

I haven't hunted around that area for about 3 decades. However, I do seem to remember that DNR got a former duck club across the river from Liverpool. Does Clear Lake strike a chord with anyone? Of course, Emiquon is just down the road and it's run by The Nature Conservancy...call Dickson Mounds and they will probably be able to put you in touch with them.
If you can't find anything out, try calling the CPO or wildlife biologist for Fulton County. I believe the wildlife biologist is either in Havana or Galesburg. The CPO, just contact the county sheriff and tell them you want to talk to the CPO...don't call 911...since they wouldn't consider this an emergency, they might come after you. As the CPO isn't on duty 24/7, it may take some time for him to get back to you.
Semper Fi, Marines

Casey 1997-2011 RIP
riverrat47
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting