Could use a little help.

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

Could use a little help.

Postby CLUTCHfan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:13 am

My nieces have passed their hunter safety course, and I took them on their first squirrel hunt last weekend. A half a box of 28ga shells later, it became very apparent to me that I need to put youth stocks on the guns for them. If anyone has one or two youth buttstocks for an 870 in 20/28/.410ga, that they no longer use, I would be very interested in buying them. If anybody has even a standard length 870 stock for the smaller guns I would be interested in those, as I can cut them down.

It'd be a huge help, and even if you don't have one, but know somebody who might because their kids have grown and wouldn't mind asking around for me, that would be awesome.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Re: Could use a little help.

Postby toolmaker » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:05 pm

SOMEBODY just divorced his 870...you should call him...

by the way we are going to need a "new" mod around here too!!

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby 870 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:30 pm

Still own the 870 and it will be a cold day before I get rid of it.... BTW I'm just laying back this year, I'm on every day. :hi:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby DukBum » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Tool, I don't think you could get 870 to give up his Remington :thumbsup: .Every once in awhile we need to try something new.Clutch wish I could help you but no dice on my end
There is more to this then just killing ducks
DukBum
State Moderator

Postby 870 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:53 pm

DukBum wrote:Tool, I don't think you could get 870 to give up his Remington :thumbsup: .Every once in awhile we need to try something new.Clutch wish I could help you but no dice on my end

You got that right DukBum, it reinstills in us just how great we have it :thumbsup: If this piece crap screws up this weekend she'll end up on CL
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:45 pm

870 wrote:Still own the 870 and it will be a cold day before I get rid of it.... BTW I'm just laying back this year, I'm on every day. :hi:

Yeah...I did hear about that...what did you end up getting?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:11 pm

Slack Tide wrote:
870 wrote:Still own the 870 and it will be a cold day before I get rid of it.... BTW I'm just laying back this year, I'm on every day. :hi:

hes using a crossbow these days!!!.............its a hot accessory for cross dressers!!!.. I MAKE JOKE!! :help:

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby 870 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:25 pm

toolmaker wrote:
Slack Tide wrote:

hes using a crossbow these days!!!.............its a hot accessory for cross dressers!!!.. I MAKE JOKE!! :help:

the tool

Hold on tool,, since I bought it from you, I thought our little secret we share was just between us :fingerpt: Later lover :nana:

Slack it's my dead father in laws old 1187 I'm working out some bugs from it I'm looking for an auto for Snows in the spring
State Moderator

Postby labtrainer » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:53 am

Clutch, give Jamie a call @ Boltworks Tactical Firearms in Dryden, NY (they have a fb page and a website) I'll bet he will fix you up! Great guy, great gun shop, tell him I sent you.

870, don't base your opinion of auto loaders on an 1187, my opinion is that they were the "K" car of guns......cheap price, cheap built! They helped Remington out of a slump in sales but I feel it hurt their reputation. I own a 1100 that I have owned since the late 1970's it has NEVER failed me. Remington has now stepped up to compete with Benilii and Beretta, you might want to look at the new Browning A-5 (Browning went through their own slump when they moved production to Japan) I had one that was worthless! They're back in Belgium now and quality is back.
"Keep your eye's on the horizion"
from my Dad on my first duck hunt!
labtrainer
hunter

Postby 870 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Thanks LT I'm not. Really I'm keeping my options open What do you think of the Outlander? Sorry CLUTCH :hijack:
State Moderator

Postby ninethreeeleven » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:59 pm

Clutch, I think I still have an 870 stock from when I switched to synthetic. It would be a 12ga Express Mag stock, so it's likely too big, but it's just taking up space here and you plan on cutting it anyway. Should be in pretty perfect condition. PM me if you still need one, I'll go looking for it.
ninethreeeleven
hunter

Postby southpaw92 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:29 pm

hey i got a couple wood 870 stocks the 12 gauge though.... if you want them let me know... there just taking up room
Canada Geese 17
Mallards 8
GW Teal 12
Gadwalls 2
Pheasants 7
southpaw92
hunter

Postby Dube23 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:10 am

I have no stocks but do have a Greenwing Harrisonnsingle shot 20 ga I dart with . Never shot.
Dube23
Newb

Postby NyDuckMan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:29 am

I have a great early 70's model 1100, but after my first spur at Duck hunting last season i realized if I wanted this blued finish and walnut to stand the test of time I'm gonna have to change it up.

I ended up getting a Remington M887 because it's mostly a plastic, and comes apart easy for cleaning. I only need to thoroughly clean it about once a month ( if i hunt 5x or more ) and considering it gets wet. It's a solid gun and priced at under $500 is a great buy. I plan on upgrading soon to a VersaMax Duck gun or a Benelli Black Eagle 2, i like pumps but i like that semi auto speed a heck of a lot better.

If you have the money to spend I and want a semi for ducks i gotta admit the Benelli Black Eagle is a hard one to turn down, they are light in both weight and overall feel. A fellow i hunted with had one, and I couldnt believe how nice of a gun it was all around, it had the same feel as my .410 o/u in weight and swing but was a 12ga and when he dropped it in the water, the action housing came apart without him having to screw off the magazine cap and deal with all that nonsense like with my remingtons. it seemed incredibly convienent. I'll prob end up getting a VersaMax because its basically equal to the benelli except alot cheaper and sans the take apart feature that I liked so much about the Benelli.
**2014 - 2015**
3 - Wood Ducks
1 - Mallard
4 - Canada Goose
5 - Pheasants
1 - Crow
NyDuckMan
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting