Duck Hunting Forum banner

Can I get some advice

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Honk-n-quack 
#1 ·
I set up in the same spot, dekes set up same as the day before, (slayed em that day) had ducks flying all over us but weren't even slowing down or taking a second look. Something just seemed wrong. Any advice on what the problem could be? Or is that just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Lots of times, walking out of the blind or taking the boat around your spread will let you see somethings that you might have missed. No telling what they didn't like that day. Sometimes you need to make small changes in the spread so the same flocks of birds aren't looking at the same spread. My .02$.

Dep

#4 ·
x 2 i always get out of the blind after light ,outside my spread and look at the blind and the area a round it , lots of times you will see something that aint right , or an adjustment that needs to be made , also like to move my decoys around throughout the day ,just to see how the ducks react sometimes even adding or subtracting decoys will do the trick , dont get stuck in a groove ,keep changing things , remember real ducks are alive , they move , so if the spread is the same all day , they will key into that , be different than the guy down the bank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.