who makes a layout with no pins?

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

who makes a layout with no pins?

Postby vacuum6 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:02 pm

I borrowed an old layout last week that had no pins to put it together. there were sliding pipes on the doors to make them one piece. that is about all there was to set up. I am pretty sure this is an older model...maybe 10 years old or more. the owner could not remember who made it. it did have one very small tab that said GHG. anyone tell me if this is still made and what model it is? after using this I will not be fooling with pins anymore. he will not sell it...for good reason.
vacuum6
hunter

Re: who makes a layout with no pins?

Postby clymerfowler » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:30 pm

cabelas.
Pigeons-231
Geese- 206
Ducks-37
clymerfowler
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:44 pm

clymer is right. All of the cabelas lay outs have no pins. They aren't comfortable though. Stay away from the northern flight blind unless you're a real small guy
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby vacuum6 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:02 pm

all of the cabelas blinds are called northern flight! mobile one, ultimate, lightening, etc. some even say they have pins?? what am I missing ? who makes the one I had borrowed? do you think that was an old cabelas? is avery and GHG the same blind?
vacuum6
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:10 pm

vacuum6 wrote:all of the cabelas blinds are called northern flight! mobile one, ultimate, lightening, etc. some even say they have pins?? what am I missing ? who makes the one I had borrowed? do you think that was an old cabelas? is avery and GHG the same blind?

Mobile one has no pins, but its small. I have a tanglefree landing zone, and its freaking amazing.. Huge and comfortable... Has a few pins but easy to set up..I think avery is sister companies to GHG but not positive
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:43 pm

That sounds like a GHG ground force. The rear support pivots forward (along the floor) and the center support pivots back (along the floor) The doors fold in the middle. The foot bag is pulled over the the folded body of the bag. A decent blind but if you dig in a lot sometimes the rear bar likes to fold in from the pressure.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:58 pm

i think some of the new cabelas blinds, the more expensive ones have hooks instead of pins now.
found it
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunting/ ... t104319180
Check out the videos on that page. It shows how the hooks take the place of the pins.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby buckeye5 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:54 am

The Hitman blind was made by Hunter specialtiis now it is owned Rogers. I have had this blind for 4 years now. It has no pins and sets up in minute. I have had great success with this blind. Very inexpensive to. A lot of times you can get one(with a snow cover) for less than $175.00.
buckeye5
hunter

Postby clymerfowler » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:00 pm

i run avery finisher (pins), Avery powerhunter (no pins), and my personal blind is a cabelas interceptor elite (hooks instead of pins)
Pigeons-231
Geese- 206
Ducks-37
clymerfowler
hunter

Postby BlakePhelps » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:20 pm

I found these blinds called, banded keyhole blinds. I don't have one but am very interested in them. They're cheap and have a low profile. No pins or extra stuff that can be a hassle in the field.
BlakePhelps
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:45 pm

wanapasaki wrote:clymer is right. All of the cabelas lay outs have no pins. They aren't comfortable though. Stay away from the northern flight blind unless you're a real small guy

Mine is plenty comfortable. I enjoy hunting out of it. I have an older pin design elite, and recomend the Cabela's upper 2 blinds to anybody looking for an excellent blind. me and a few buddys have them and I like them a heck of a lot better than the HS hitman and avery power hunter and slightly more than the Roger's goose buster (brothers and other hunting partners have them). we have had no failures out of 4 different cabelas blinds.

I'd go for the new pin-less design of the Cabela's elite if I were looking for one. But honestly I really like the pined design, sturdy, doors dont and cant fall off while hunting, and its still really quick and simple.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby vacuum6 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:13 pm

dakota shooter2 was correct. the blind I had borrowed was a GHG groundforce...older model. I went to look at one that was already set up. the store was putting the stuff away for the season and offered me a discount if I took the display model.. soooo?

I thank you for all your input. I have never cared for the pin assembly set up even though I am plenty ok with most of those blinds once I get done f-ing with the pins.
vacuum6
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:33 am

The pinless blinds are nice. One note on the groundforce. Keep the zipper closed where the door connection is to keep out the dirt and put a little dry lube on it now and then. The slider can get a bit stickyin the dust and dirt.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby Full Force Five » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Xlander - No longer made by FA. Best layout ever made IMO. A little small if you're really big like 6'4" + or 250+.
I knew this would happen.
Full Force Five
hunter

Postby cam liden » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:35 pm

It was the ground force by Avery/ghg. I have used one for 5 years and had no problems with it. It sets up fast and you can carry it like a back pack
cam liden
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:08 pm

I have had my GHG Ground Force for many seasons and I love it. Easy to set up and very low profile :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby QAHONKER » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:42 pm

grab a strait stealth from foiles they are comfortable and are ready to rock right out of the box
FOILES MIGRATORS
QAHONKER
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:38 am

dakotashooter2 wrote:The pinless blinds are nice. One note on the groundforce. Keep the zipper closed where the door connection is to keep out the dirt and put a little dry lube on it now and then. The slider can get a bit stickyin the dust and dirt.

This is the truth. I love my Groundforce, BUT...

The sliders will stick when it's dusty or dirty. If this has not happened to you, count yourself lucky. I have thought about cutting the slider, or bending the ends enough to widen them. Took me no less than 3 minutes to break them free this year in ND. wound up barely sliding them into place to get them to not stick. I am definitely going to "modify" that crappy design. All they had to do was make them just a little bit wider...

But I do like the blind. Easy set up when it works...
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:00 pm

I made this to support the foot bag on mine.

My sliders have flared out over time making them a little easier to slide.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum