Rain, rain, where are you?!

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal, finsnfeathershunter

Re: Rain, rain, where are you?!

Postby slowshooter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:44 pm

RefugeRat4Life wrote:

"The researchers based their simulation on the Amazon's complete removal, an exaggerated level of destruction needed to produce a noticeable effect, Medvigy said. "

I doubt the ENTIRE rain forest will be gone... thanks for the info though...

I doubt it as well. But, if 50% goes and we lose 25% of the snowpack then face an actual drought we're talking a cumulative event that will force Sacramento to send all the water heading to the Delta south.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby fullpattern » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:28 pm

My club near Sac Refuge flooded before opener and had the tap turned off. Now the field is way low on water and is going to dry up if we dont get cooler weather soon, or water in the form of rain. You guys at the refuge are going to be crowded. Im already submiting refuge draw applications.
Luckily I got into a club in the north grasslands also but they dont shoot much untill December, and I wont hunt there when I have a bad draw. Slim pickings in November.
I think there are plenty of ducks on the closed zones, but this warm weather gives them no reason to leave.Im hoping for bad weather to get those birds of the close zones, and save us from the doom of drought.
"If you call they will come" 2013-14 birds. days in field 26
50 grn wings 19 spoon 11 mal 6 rings 5 gad 3 wig 3 sprig
3 cin 4 cans 1 scaup 3 specks 1 Ross 1 snow
fullpattern
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:36 pm

fullpattern wrote:My club near Sac Refuge flooded before opener and had the tap turned off. Now the field is way low on water and is going to dry up if we dont get cooler weather soon, or water in the form of rain. You guys at the refuge are going to be crowded. Im already submiting refuge draw applications.
Luckily I got into a club in the north grasslands also but they dont shoot much untill December, and I wont hunt there when I have a bad draw. Slim pickings in November.
I think there are plenty of ducks on the closed zones, but this warm weather gives them no reason to leave.Im hoping for bad weather to get those birds of the close zones, and save us from the doom of drought.

Good call! Me want Weather, Weather, Weather!
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Previous

Return to California Duck Hunting