Another migration coming???

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Another migration coming???

Postby cride1 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:51 pm

What do you guys think about the upcoming cool down Monday/Tuesday? No weather coming with it, just cooler temps. Think there will be another big push like there was a couple days ago? If so, when do you think it would happen, in the dark Monday morning or during the daylight hours Monday? Just curious what your experience has told you. I know I always seem to get it wrong! Thought Tuesday would be good after the big push Monday afternoon, but it was quite most of the day in our blind.

Oh, also, if you could provide the coordinates of you super secret spot, it would be greatly appreciated. :wink:
cride1
hunter

Re: Another migration coming???

Postby 870shooter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:07 pm

I don't know if you would really call it another migration or not. I think that now the migration has begun and there are just "flight days". Some are better than others. I still have not perfected predicting these or getting the timing right for them either but when you do hit one there is no doubt about it. :yes:

Ok, I don't usually do this but this one time I will give the cooridinates of one of my best secret spots. It really is an awesome spot. There have been ducks there EVERY SINGLE TIME I have been there, regardless of the time of year even. They are just there all the time. Limits are easy. There are always other people there too but none of them seem interested in hunting. Oh well, it's thier loss as far as I'm concerned. Just don't tell too many other hunters about it cause it really isn't that large of lake and I would hate for all the birds to get run off it forever. Here ya go -

38 38' 08.88"N
90 17' 26.16"W

If it is too crowded there you can try this spot, it's not far away at all and also always holds ducks -

38 38' 20.87"N
90 17' 13.17"W
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:05 am

The day after a big push birds dont fly! They are tired and sit tight normally... Thats why you didnt see much tuesday
Like 870 said the migration is on.. So it will just be flight days from here on UNLESS there is a MAJOR front Like 30 degree temp swing, strong N wind 20+, and snow! This front Monday isnt major just a normal front Now im sure there will be some birds out infront of it But it wont be a major migration where people jump on the boards on tuesday wednesday and say the skies were full.. Trying to predict a "flight" day is hard Ive seen them fly the day before the front, they were out in front of it Killed the crap out of them on days when it was 55 with a S wind 10-15 but there was a Northern coming they were just out in front of it.. I have also been out on days the front actually hits and there are birds riding the N wind.. Hard to tell Now if its a MAJOR front I will be out hunting the day before it hits cause every bird already here will be going crazy and new birds will be out in front of the MAJOR front running from it!
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby franchifowler » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:37 am

870shooter wrote:Here ya go -

38 38' 08.88"N
90 17' 26.16"W

If it is too crowded there you can try this spot, it's not far away at all and also always holds ducks -

38 38' 20.87"N
90 17' 13.17"W

:lol:

I love the spots you gave! the first one is great you can take the whole family the kids will love it! lots of animals to see!!! :beer:
franchifowler
hunter

Postby cride1 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:45 am

The really crazy thing is that the first one was my super secret honey hole! I guess it is not as secret as I thought. I am apprised I have never ran into you there before.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
cride1
hunter

Postby MOduckMOfun » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:34 am

870shooter wrote:
Here ya go -

38 38' 08.88"N
90 17' 26.16"W

38 38' 20.87"N
90 17' 13.17"W

Wow! Your honey hole sounds like it's just about as good as mine. Every time I go scout this one, I see lots of birds using it.

39.004161,-94.52139
MOduckMOfun
hunter

Postby franchifowler » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:07 am

cride1 wrote:The really crazy thing is that the first one was my super secret honey hole! I guess it is not as secret as I thought. I am apprised I have never ran into you there before.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

That's cause a while back I was following Moduck around and found his secret honey hole. its a lot closer to me!!
franchifowler
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:24 pm

These two are actually much closer to me and both are banding sites so just about every single Canadian goose you kill has jewelry on it!!!

37 23' 27.06"N
89 40' 14.26"W

and

37 23' 25.65"N
89 38' 45.36"W

That's all I'm telling, I can't give away any more of my honey holes!
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting