Duck Hunting Forum banner

Boat Work

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  T Man 
#1 ·
I need some boat work done. My steering cable broke today on the lake and i need it replaced. Can anybody give me a quote?

#5 ·
Measure the length of the cable and then go search for teleflex steering cables. Jamestowndistributers and iboats has some good info on figuring out which one it is and youtube has some videos if you feel up for it.

I'm guessing it could be done for around $100-120 for the cable plus shop time of an hour or two ($60-80/hr) so in the $200 to 250 range.

Tod

#8 ·
KillerKowalski said:
T Man said:
Scroll down to your state forum, and then ask for a marina or boat store close to your location.
Believe he is looking for info and not a mechanic.
LimitsOnLimits said:
I need some boat work done. My steering cable broke today on the lake and i need it replaced. Can anybody give me a quote?
Sounds to me like he is looking for a mechanic. Its awfully hard for anyone to give any kind of information when he doesnt take the time to give any information. Is the boat a stick steer? A console? Is it a rack and pinion setup? Is it a cable setup? Is it a pulley and line setup? How long are the cables? Where is he located? What kind of boat is it? Is it a factory steering setup, or is it aftermarket? Everyone here will help, but were not going to play 20 questions trying to figure out your problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.