baby mojos

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, fowlhunter, Remman, DUKHTR

baby mojos

Postby PSUbuzz » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:46 am

Since when did the baby mojos go to AA batteries instead of the normal big black battery? I have a couple baby mojos from years passed and they work fine. I fried the motor and battery on one when i left it plugged into the wrong cigarette adapter chord in my truck the night before opening day of early season, so i purchased the 2 for $70 on cabelas twin pack. The new ones came and look normal compared to the old ones. But now they have a pack for 6 AA batteries. They also dont have to pigtail end to hook a remote up to. The old baby mojos could barely fit the remote pack inside the motor cavity. What gives mojo?
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Re: baby mojos

Postby LiquidA45 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:33 pm

PSUbuzz wrote:Since when did the baby mojos go to AA batteries instead of the normal big black battery? I have a couple baby mojos from years passed and they work fine. I fried the motor and battery on one when i left it plugged into the wrong cigarette adapter chord in my truck the night before opening day of early season, so i purchased the 2 for $70 on cabelas twin pack. The new ones came and look normal compared to the old ones. But now they have a pack for 6 AA batteries. They also dont have to pigtail end to hook a remote up to. The old baby mojos could barely fit the remote pack inside the motor cavity. What gives mojo?

It's only the twin pack that uses AA's. I just bought a baby hen from ***** for like $70, then my buddy says man your got ripped off. You can get a twin pack at Cabelas for $80. Upon further investigation we realized the twin pack does not utilize the rechargeable battery but the singles do.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby BBK » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:16 pm

The singles have 6V rechargeable. They can be found for about $65 each right now on ebay, they were $50 ea brand new on ebay a couple months ago.

Just a FYI, you can buy a replacement motor from mojo, and a battery from any battery shop.
Why do I shoot 3.5" for geese? Because they don't make a 4" yet!
BBK
hunter

Postby TheMiz » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:23 am

I bought the twin pack at cabelas too and didn't want to keep buying AA's or charging 12 AA's every few times out. Got to you local auto parts store and get a 6V battery then find some matching terminals. Cut off the AA battery carrier and strip the wires and crimp on the terminals.
TheMiz
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:14 am

I might try putting new terminals on there. I liked that the other ones had the little charging plug port down by the... feet I guess you could say. (well placed mojo, well placed haha) Saved the hassle of plugging and unplugging those little pigtails on the 6v terminals. But I think these twin pack ones dont have that. I still should have 1 or 2 of the gator clip chargers to charge these ones, but I guess it makes sense now. Take a few of the features off, sell 2 in a twin pack for a little more
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:10 am

But the babys with the AA packs are much nicer IMO just for the fact that they are way lighter than the 6v rechargable ones.
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:43 am

Black Smoke wrote:But the babys with the AA packs are much nicer IMO just for the fact that they are way lighter than the 6v rechargable ones.

They suck in high wind cold days though. I cut over my AA mojos to the 6V sealed battery, best thing i ever did.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby BBK » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:10 am

Buy a 9V battery clip with pigtails for $1, put the spade connectors on the pigtails. Then you can use the AA packs like normal or connect your newly made spade adapter and use a 6V rechargeable. You'll have to do red to black, black to red on the adapter though.. but its a direct drive DC motor so you can't hurt it by accidentally wiring it backwards. :thumbsup:
Why do I shoot 3.5" for geese? Because they don't make a 4" yet!
BBK
hunter

Postby Threejs » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:24 pm

i just bought a twin pack of baby mojos from mackpw.com for $150.00 with a nice back pack. They have 6v rechargeables. I called cabelas but when they told me they were AA batteries I decided against them.
Threejs
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum