Duck Hunting Forum banner

Second Season Dove Hunting

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  canadianshooter 
#1 ·
Dove opener is always a great time with friends and family in Yuma in September. I am looking to shoot some dove with my wife one last time just before Christmas. Never been for second season before. Anybody got any advice? Are numbers much lower, or can I expect a similar hunt?

Obviously it's called hunting, not getting! So there are no guarantees, but some general advice would be helpful before we drive 5 hours and book a hotel.

#2 ·
I can't speak to Yuma, but I spent a lot of time hunting just south of there and the dove are still around. When you find them there will probably be a lot of them. In other words, they're in big bunches. Scouting will be key. If you find a good Euro spot you'll be set for the day.

#3 ·
pbd said:
I can't speak to Yuma, but I spent a lot of time hunting just south of there and the dove are still around. When you find them there will probably be a lot of them. In other words, they're in big bunches. Scouting will be key. If you find a good Euro spot you'll be set for the day.
Thanks a lot. That is really helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.