6 shell challenge

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: 6 shell challenge

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Crazy Matt wrote:
Merganzor wrote:
T Man wrote:Shhhhhhh....Just let it happen.

OK. Here goes.

It's not really a game per se, but it is a lot like what the OP was talking about. One of the guys keeps bringing this really annoying kid to our camp. Says he feels sorry for him. He's a nice enough kid, just so annoying. I mean, he has a target barrel on his duck gun for pete's sake. When we can't stand to hunt with him one more day, we tell him it is time for the Six Shell Challenge to see who the Real Hunter is. We give him six shells and six decoys, tell him the blinds are off limits, and send him off into the marsh. We act like we are playing too, but all meet at our favorite blind (the one he doesn't even know about) where we usually limit on greenheads for an enjoyable, responsible hunt. It might be a little mean, but it preserves our sanity and hasn't hurt his feelings yet. The guy still thinks the six shell challenge is a real thing. :no:

Anyone wanna go snipe hunting?

When I was growing up I was told that snipes had two beaks and would bite both your armpits at the same time.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:25 pm

Hunted pheasants and rabbits for years.
When I first started I was young n dumb, carried a whole box of shells and worried if it was enough.
Over the years found I never used more than 13 so started carrying that many...for luck. :wink:
Dont remember ever needing more shells to kill four rabbits and two pheasants.
Same for ducks. Its a messed up day if I shoot more than 10-15 times.

Six shell challenge is a bit extreme but I like the concept. Shoot less, kill more.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:14 am

Have Gun Will Travel wrote:As kids we'd go out and camp on the barrier islands only bringing canned vegetables. No limit on shells but if you didnt bring meat back you didnt eat. Unless it was a crow or trash duck then thats all the meat you got BUT you got to eat. It wasnt long after a few no duck bluebird days we found alternative game.

pffft...I'd be eating like a king on a nutria if we played that game here....or I'd wait for low tide and shoot a redfish inda head to put onda grill!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :beer:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby DuckManClyde » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:33 pm

what if you each got 6 shells, and whoever gets the most out of their first 6. gets the 1 box you bring along. just to solve the whole having to leave when ur out of ammo problem?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby cannon » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
Have Gun Will Travel wrote:As kids we'd go out and camp on the barrier islands only bringing canned vegetables. No limit on shells but if you didnt bring meat back you didnt eat. Unless it was a crow or trash duck then thats all the meat you got BUT you got to eat. It wasnt long after a few no duck bluebird days we found alternative game.

pffft...I'd be eating like a king on a nutria if we played that game here....or I'd wait for low tide and shoot a redfish inda head to put onda grill!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :beer:

As long as my neighbors have cats, I'll never have to survive on canned vegetables. If my local Asian restaurant can find a way to make em edible, so can I.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:54 pm

cannon wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

As long as my neighbors have cats, I'll never have to survive on canned vegetables. If my local Asian restaurant can find a way to make em edible, so can I.

Cats!....pffft, I've seen the beavers you shoot!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:02 am

cannon wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

X2. Lol
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Postby Tealer » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:16 pm

I have a few 6 or 7 shot hunts. Though I always carry more.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby toolmaker » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:09 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:I can't kill a cripple on the water with 6 shells.

Every year I usually attend the Torrington 2-shot goose competition in Wyoming. It's a good time! One blind, 2 hunters, 2 shells each. Sure makes a guy very picky about his shot selection.

http://www.2shotgoose.com/Applications/New%20Rules.pdf

must be a lot of ties!!!!!!

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole