great bay

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

great bay

Postby honkerhitman » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Ive been hunting the sea isle area for a couple years and would like to try the great bay area. I am not familiar with any local boat ramps so im wondering if anyone would be able to give me a heads up on a nice/safe public ramp for the bay. any advice would be great.
honkerhitman
hunter

Re: great bay

Postby pvn6616 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:13 am

Sorry, but you are going to have to do it the hard way - you may as well ask us where the birds are and how do I set up for them. Do a little research, all the info you need is out there, it just takes a little work.

Check the WMA's - they tell about ramps, and there is a publication telling about EVERY ramp in NJ, now go find it
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:31 pm

pvn6616 wrote:Sorry, but you are going to have to do it the hard way - you may as well ask us where the birds are and how do I set up for them. Do a little research, all the info you need is out there, it just takes a little work.

Check the WMA's - they tell about ramps, and there is a publication telling about EVERY ramp in NJ, now go find it

Dude, its only a boat ramp he's askin for. One way or another the guy will hunt the bay.

Check Great Bay Marina, love that place.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:08 pm

That's why I gave him the information to locate ramps around Great Bay, Dude! It's not rocket science to type in "NJ Ramps" and google it now is it??? For all you illiterate children who never learned how to do anything for yourselves heres the link:

http://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/pdf/boat_ramp_guide.pdf

Now you can find any ramp in the state. If you can read a map maybe you can figure out which ramp may suit your needs.

I don't mean to be a **** about this but come on, put a little effort into it yourselves and if you have any questions like "How is the water at low tide at such and such ramp" I'll be more than glad to help. This state has plenty of areas to hunt, and if you go out and scout now during the off season maybe you'll be rewarded.
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Postby FFT » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:43 pm

Op: lots of guys use great bay blvd and cut across. It's an easy place to figure out in a days time.

Hunt fish: pnv is a real easy going guy and I think most of us can identify with what he is saying. Had this topic come up on njh the responses would have been rather disrespectful.

That being said, great bay is not my favorite.
FFT
hunter

Postby honkerhitman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Thanks, I really appreciate it. We all get rubbed the wrong way by one question or another we see on here. But yes, I am just asking some advice on a ramp to use, not where the birds are at so thanks for the info I do appreciate. I have noticed that there was only a couple of ramps around the bay before I asked the questions using google earth. also will be scouting the area in person before a 5 am launch as any half intelligent guy should do. Thanks again guys.
honkerhitman
hunter

Postby Basspond » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:19 pm

Just watch the bay on a heavy NW, or a heavy anything for that matter :thumbsup:
Basspond
hunter

Postby papageno » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:46 pm

Low tide can be a bitch, too - don't try to cut across the center.
papageno
hunter

Postby honkerhitman » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:09 pm

great thanks!
honkerhitman
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting