Duck Hunting Forum banner

Catahoula Lake Urban Legend

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Lreynolds 
#1 ·
I heard a tale about a mysterious plane that would make very low passes over Catahoula Lake like a crop duster in an attempt to drive off ducks each year a few days before duck season would open. I have not personally witnessed this incident. This plane allegedly had its tail numbers covered to prevent identification. Supposedly it happened for several years. I talked to a few people who claimed they witnessed this event. One man was so mad, he told me that he was taking his deer rifle and if it came back while he was working on his blind he was going to shoot at it. Rumors were that this plane was from some of the large duck leases down south and was an attempt to bring more ducks for their clients to shoot. Has anyone heard about or actually witnessed this?

#4 ·
Heard this a few times. Larry and his bunch are helping out the Delta! lol I've seen the survey plane several times and they do fly kinda low. The black choppers will make a low pass now and then when the Beauregard boys are feeling salty. There is some idjet in a rainbow colored ultra light that will fly the lake. Noisy and slow! He does try to avoid getting in range of any blinds. :biggrin:

#5 ·
I suppose this could be a case of mistaken identity. I know the LDWF makes duck surveys before the season. But the part that is strange to me, is several people claimed the tail numbers of the plane were clearly covered up to prevent identification. If this is true, it would not be the survey plane from the LDWF. Who would benefit the most if ducks were intentionally ran off the lake?

#8 ·
People at Catahoula Lake make things up all the time. You should hear some of the conspiracy theories I've heard over the past few years. All complete balderdash.

When I fly the lake, which I did on Wednesday, Nov. 6 at about 3:00 PM, we fly low and make at least 6 passes moving from the woods-edge to the center of the lake. Our tail number are crystal clear ..... N9467Y. If numbers are blacked out, which I seriously doubt, it's not me. Like most urban legends ........ it's BS.

We get complaints about "hazing" ducks off of property all the time. They're BS too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.