Is it always this good......

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: quackadikt, randy marci, ghostingrey

Re: Is it always this good......

Postby Back for more » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:01 pm

haven't posted pictures in a while, not as pretty limit as prior posted lol but this cold weather is bringing the greenheads down south
Attachments
IMG_20131207_124958.jpg
IMG_20131207_075756.jpg
"When the tires hit the mud , it will right the wrongs"

Why do I shoot 3.5" shells for ducks and geese ? Because they don't make 4" yet
Back for more
hunter

Postby jrabq » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:47 pm

quackadikt wrote:Anyone's pintails have much of a sprig yet? Colors are nice, but I haven't seen one yet.

Got one this morning. Flock of ~8 decoyed pretty well, good chance for a double I thought. But when I folded this one on the first shot the whole flock did a "follow-the-leader" dive about half way to the water and then flared off with the wind, missed my 2nd shot badly. Seen flocks of teal do that quite often when you drop a bird, or birds, but don't recall having that happen with pintails. It certainly screwed up my plans!

jrabq
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:49 pm

jrabq wrote:Image

I approve this message.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Previous

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting