Calling Raccoons, Help!

Discussion on shooting predators & varmits and the trapping the furbearing animals.

Moderators: Preacher1011, nitrousneil

Calling Raccoons, Help!

Postby dwhite16 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Anyone here ever call coons? Ive got a fox pro wildfire with the foxjack bird topper, what are the best sounds to use when focusing on raccoons? Just ordered a wicked w400 flashlight in green, so that could come in handy. Any advise on what fox pro sounds to use at what time is greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:
I've heard raccoon fight deters smaller coons, I was wandering if raccoon distress does the same.
Has anyone used any of the raccoon pup distress sounds, they seem pretty effective.
I'm looking to exterminate ALL coons.
dwhite16
hunter

Re: Calling Raccoons, Help!

Postby puppypopper » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Forget about usign an e-caller on coons. You need to use a hand call. Brian at Deadly Attraction Game Calls make the best that I have ever use.

Call Brian and tell him that you want one. They are not on the website.

http://www.deadlyattractiongamecalls.com/index.html
puppypopper
hunter

Postby Bernie P. » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:10 am

You'll be better off using hand calls with a decoy.Mojo's are good.Their motion helps draw the little beggars out.
Bernie P.
hunter

Postby :-) » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:02 am

Put corn out...once they start coming around put out a mixture of fly bait, and cola in a 9" aluminum pie pan. They'll drink it, and only make it about 3 steps away from the pan...it's very effective!

Also, back when I used to coon hunt we would use a squaller to call them out of holes. I actually had a couple come out of the trees, and jump on the dogs. Fun stuff!
:-)
hunter

Postby LongTom » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:59 pm

:-) wrote:Put corn out...once they start coming around put out a mixture of fly bait, and cola in a 9" aluminum pie pan. They'll drink it, and only make it about 3 steps away from the pan...it's very effective!

Also, back when I used to coon hunt we would use a squaller to call them out of holes. I actually had a couple come out of the trees, and jump on the dogs. Fun stuff!

What kind of fly bait?
LongTom
hunter

Postby :-) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:42 am

The brand don't matter. I got mine from Tractor Supply...it's in a granular form, and dissolves pretty easy.

You can google it, and find tons of info online.
:-)
hunter

Return to Predator Hunting & Trapping Forum