Advance&Auto Zone can Jam it.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Advance&Auto Zone can Jam it.

Postby Snaph » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:08 pm

I don't mean "jam it" as a good thing. I took my wifes Ferd exploder (explorer) for a new battery. Would Advance help me? Nope he was not going outside until his hands warmed up. Money spent at Advance Auto parts...0 bucks (I guess I was to stand around like a moron until his candy azz warmed up) I left...screw that.
Then I went to Auto Zone. I asked if they installed batteries. Yes they did.
But he looked at his watch, rolled his eyes and said "come on guy." I am very easy going. But stuff like this makes me erupt. I said no thanks and started to walk out. Then I hear "Come here guy." Wanna pizz me off? Be lazy and call me "guy" twice. I went to Wal-Mart and did it myself. Screw them.
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:16 am

Do you self a favor and get a Chevy :mrgreen:
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby Woodywoodduck » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:25 am

mallardhunter wrote:Do you self a favor and get a Chevy :mrgreen:

They Run on Batteries Also....... :yes:
Our youth are the Back Bone to hunting of the Future. Teach them WELL!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Postby Merganser » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:34 am

:withstupid:
Merganser
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:22 pm

You get your undies in a bundle waaaay tooooo easily. I'd hate to be the guy in customer service when you walked in, as I'd tell YOU to to Jam it! :laughing:
For all you know, the guy at Advance was out working on a car for an hour in the cold and maybe was getting frostbite on the fingers. The other guy reconsidered and offered to help even though the store was closing from the sound of it and you stomped on out of there. The point is be more patient and maybe see where the other people are coming from. If YOU were the customer service person-how would you handled it? Or are there possibly 2 sets of standards being used? Or maybe you are imploying the "King Baby" syndrome? I want what I want, when I want it, right now and if I do not get my way I'll pee and moan about it and stomp on everybodies toes until I get my way. Are you a drama King? :toofunny:

Lighten up guy :mrgreen: , life is tooooo short to have it ruined by the little things. :thumbsup:

And lastly as others have said, what did you expect from a Fixed On Repaired Daily vehicle? :tounge:
Last edited by Admin2 on Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby surf_ox » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:31 pm

i do know they will not install a battery for free into a saturn.....

my wife owned one...we replaced the battery.....advance said no...so i did it...

i think the battery is the last thing bolted to the frame before the body goes on...you have to take 250 things out of the engine compartment before the battery comes out.... :yes:

its long gone now...thank God
Is a frustrated hunter swinging a canoe paddle after sunset at a fall teal breaking any laws?
surf_ox
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:01 pm

In Snafu's defense, I'll say that "Come here, guy" from a total stranger (depending on the stranger's tone) sounds more like "give me a reason" than "oh well, okay, I think that I can do that." I don't know - is it my Gaelic temper? I'm not a fighter. But the last guy @ Auto Zone could have been a tad more polite. "Guy" & "dude" are okay w/ those that we know. But in an adult world, strangers shouldn't be tooo informal. Of course, store employees in W. Pa. aren't the most courteous. Walmart employees down South bend over backwards for ya; those up here will bend ya over sideways. :laughing:
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:04 pm

1) get rid of the ferd... four letter words are bad! Kinda like bill..

2) Don't let people install things for you, they probably will mess it up anyway!
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby donell67 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:33 pm

i have had excellant customer service at auto zone.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Snaph » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:42 pm

Drama king? Nope. But I do expect to be treated like a valued customer.
Not an inconvenience. I did not stomp out of the stores, I said no thanks and left. If the employee at the store looked cold, or if I had saw him outside, I would have offered to have him wait and warm up. All I'm saying is if they don't have time for me, I have no time to spend my money there. I did not expect or ask for anything more than for people to do thier jobs. When I receive great sevice I praise and thank them for all the help everytime. And if I have to wait for sevice I wait, while they tend to other customers.

As for the Ferd...yes I know. It is a good thing I had to do this myself.
I found a bunch of rust on the inside of the hood. I looked on the outside and i can see it just barly starting to bubble the paint. Stupid thing is only four years old. You never see this stuff before you buy them. I guess I will have to drive the truck thru the auto dealers front window and demand satisfaction. (I'm kidding)
Snaph
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:47 pm

It's a ford, it wouldn't make it through the front window..

:toofunny:
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby Snaph » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:01 pm

Thats funny 98. I Got a good chuckle. :yes:
Snaph
hunter

Postby donell67 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:16 pm

:toofunny: mike i like my ford truck.i definately wouldnt by an exploder though.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Woodywoodduck » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:54 pm

I don't know what you guys hang ups are on Fords.....I have had both Chevys and Fords, along with Nissans and Dodge....I'll take a Ford or a Nissan over the Chevys and Dodges any day!

Spent More time under the hood of my Chevy and dodge then I have the 94 Ford Ranger I have now!
The chevy only made it to 78,000 miles, the dodge about 90,000.
The Nissan went to 325,000 and the Ranger is Currently at 180,000.
No Rust on the Ranger, has been thru 1 MAJOR wreck and 3 people backing into it.
My Ranger is 2 wheel drive and is Driven like a 4x4! Takes the Beating and keeps on Going! The chevy and dodge never did that!

Back to the Battery topic

Certain things you just walk into the store, look it up in the Books they have hanging on the selves and grab the right piece and install on your own.

Very Rarely in the Harrisburg area of PA do you get Service people at the Auto Stores come up to you and ask if you need help. You have to hunt them down to ask for it or find it on your own, unless you go into the Mom and Pop Auto Stores, which are getting VERY HARD to Find!

I will never use Wally World for Service for Vehicles. Bought tires years back from them, found out 2 weeks later they were the wrong tires and had one heck of a time getting them replaced!
Heck since then, I haven't even bought anything from them!
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Postby Snaph » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:32 pm

OK, let me say one more thing and put this to rest. I was wrong in being right. I should not have blasted a whole chain of stores for a couple of bag eggs. I had a ton of things to do and was beyond frustrated at the time. I have had decent service at both stores in the past...not all that great at times, but a few times very helpful. So, what I wrote in my first post, I was mad and should have worded it better. I don't think I was wrong in what I said other than how I said it. I will stick by what I wrote in my second post.

I E-mailed both store's corporate headquarters to alert them of what happened. I received responses from both vowing to make things right. My focus was on two auto parts stores, when my point should have been on the two morons that somehow got hired there. I wrongly placed blame in the wrong area.

Yes, I shot first and complained about it later. But I will not stand for people not doing their jobs when my money and or safety is concerned. Maybe some people will think I am wrong for expecting professionalism when I need help. But I see nothing wrong in expecting to get what you pay for.(Unless you buy something stupid like a Yugo for 5 bucks) If a store offers a service then they should be held to that standard. So let this be the end of this.

As for the Ford VS. Chevy/Dodge/Yogo/ Datsun (some will say "what's a Datsun") ( I think I spelled it wrong...who cares) that part is funny.
Snaph
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:52 pm

Snafu we all have been there at some point in time whoever has not is one lucky sucker. You let the office know about it and move on thats about all you can do. The idiots in this world will always have whats coming to them one day.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 98ramtough » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:23 am

donell67 wrote::toofunny: mike i like my ford truck.i definately wouldnt by an exploder though.

If I was a rich man I would drive a new powerstroke, but I'm not. I cannot afford to fix them when they break. I will stick to the old dodge for now, cheap on fuel, cheap on parts..... I have a great video of me pulling out a 2004 powerstroke like a 7500lb sled if you want to see it though....

:mrgreen:
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:01 pm

He should be singing the thread title like Mike Jackson did to the song "Beat it" from 20 years ago. Jam Itttttt Jam Itttttt.............. :laughing:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby bhack » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:07 pm

I can understand your frustration, I would be also. Not with the shotty service, but with the "hey guy" reference, but you get what you pay for. They sell parts cheap, because your not paying an experienced mechanic to give advice/sell parts.

Anyway, WWD, you drive a Nissan? How can you make it to your "honey hole" when every puddle thats 2" deap stalls your car? :toofunny:

I hold no bias to an auto maker, if it runs good and performs when I need it too, I like it, but come on....you're killing me with the Nissan.
bhack
hunter

Postby Woodywoodduck » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:31 am

bhack wrote:Anyway, WWD, you drive a Nissan? How can you make it to your "honey hole" when every puddle thats 2" deap stalls your car? :toofunny:

When I first met My Wife, She had a 1987 Nissan Sentra. We drove that thing ALL OVER the Place! It only had about 4 inchs of clearance under it......I showed her how to drive it on Mountain Roads, were you would NEVER think of taking one!

We had that thing till 1995, Can not remember how many deer, ducks, geese, rabbits I threw in it and got Ripped up one side and down the other because of the blood!
We also had a Nissan Maxama Station Wagon. We do not have them anylonger....I have a 2 wheel Drive Ford Ranger and she has a HACK, COUGH, UGGGGGG Chevy Corseca.

Both Nissans took their fair share of beating on the off road!

I took BOTH places were guys said I could NEVER go.........The Key word is S-L-O-W and watch the ruts that will rip the underside out!

I took Both Thru Puddles that were up to the bottom of the doors, Again , S-L-O-W!

The Sentra made it to 325,000 miles. the Maxima only to 120,000 miles and blew a head Gasket and Warped the head. When we traded the Sentra in for her Prism that was Totoled in an accident last October, There was only 1 problem with it....Had to add 1 quart of oil to it every 2-3 weeks!

I don't need a 4x4......I learned from my 1 brother in a 1960 something Junker of a Car that looked like a Gremlin, on how to get back the moutain roads Slowly to hunt!

Might take you an extra hour or two, to get there, but it can be done, IF You take Your Time! :thumbsup:

Why is that killing you so bad? It you take a Low Setting Car thru a Puddle at 100 MPH, YEP, Your gonna Stall it, but if you take your Time, your gonna make it! :thumbsup:
Woodywoodduck
hunter

Postby had » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:29 am

just for the record i'm a ford guy. i don't mess with those guys in auto zone and pep boys. its like they all hate work or something. i just get what i need and go home. i remember one time at auto zone i was getting something for my 69 chevelle (did i say ford guy? :mrgreen: ) the guy asked me if it was 2 or 4 wheel drive :eek:

had

ps i got a mustang now :mrgreen:
had
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole