dealing with other hunters

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Re: dealing with other hunters

Postby Shurshot » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Congrats. What did your bag consist of?
Shurshot
hunter

Postby Galactic Ricky » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:07 pm

TooTall wrote:
Galactic Ricky wrote:Sometimes I don't know which is worse, the newbies or God's gifts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

Yeah, that was kinda my point.
Galactic Ricky
hunter

Postby scrubboy1 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:24 pm

MSparks909 wrote:Scout more and find out of the way places. We limited in 30 minutes this morning and only heard a few shots in the distance.

Even the out of the way backwoods holes arent safe anymore thanks to google earth
scrubboy1
hunter

Postby fowlsensations » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:13 pm

I started duck hunting in the winter of 2007. So to say I'm still green is an understatement. Most of y'all have forgot more duck hunting than I'll ever know, but it comes down to respect and money and those two seem to go hand in hand. With the more money some of the guys getting into this sport have it seems like the less respect they have. It doesn't matter that they have no common sense when it comes down to it (sky busting, hail calling commerants... The list could go on) all that matters to them is they have a 25k dollar duck boat, a half assed lab, and a 1300 shotgun and they feel entitled because they spent so much money on a sport they have no idea about. I'm lucky enough to have a small private swamp an elderly man lets me hunt whenever I want at no charge, do I limit out every morning, or ever? No but I get to get out and enjoy a good morning with friends and shoot a few ducks every now and then. When I get done with school I plan to buy a decent boat and get more serious out towards the coast and all the time it involves but for now with school I can't deal with the kazoo crew 75 yards from me. It's a price we pay to do what we love. Hopefully the DD fad will die out in a few years. Grin and bear it til then.
Relixx Lanyards Pro-staff-- Team Relixx
fowlsensations
hunter

Postby Paul26 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:33 pm

Bozo's have been hunting ducks as long as there has been duck hunting. Now we have duck chat to complain about the bozo's.

I once read an after-action report from Guadacanal (a MCRP for for old jarheads). The NCO's were complaining that all these new wannabe Marines just didn't have it. These guys ( the wannabes) are now legends.

As long as there is a skill or hobby, there will be people who have just started. They do dumb things. kaka happens.

Been duck hunting for "only" 15 years. I still do dumb things.

Gonna shot my first Can of my life in 8 hours. I feel it coming.....
Paul26
hunter

Previous

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting