New Duck Hunter

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

New Duck Hunter

Postby long duck » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi guys I am new to the site and I want to introduce myself and ask some advice. I used to think that hunting was something that rednecks and country people did but after becoming a fan of duck dynasty I realized that hunting is cool and that I don't necessarily have to be the outdoorsy type to become a hunter. I need to get some equipment but after looking online I realized that there were so many different colors and types of outfits available that I feel overwhelmed. I figured the best thing to do would be get the same brand and color that Phil and company use on Duck Dynasty. If someone could tell me the color of the camo and the brand of clothing those guys wear I would appreciate it. I also need to buy a gun but I have never really been around guns or shot before so any advice on what the most popular type to get is would be appreciated. I dont want a gun that will kick me though, i bruise easily and wouldn't want to get caught in the woods with an injured shoulder. Also I need to know the best places to go where I can shoot the most ducks. I have seen pictures of a lot of different types of ducks and I really like the ones that have the most colorful feathers (i.e. bright greens and reds). What kind of ducks are those and is there a special place where I have to go to find them? Thanks for the help guys. Also, are there any other shows on TV like DD that I could watch so I can learn more about hunting. If it wasn't for DD I would have never realized that hunting was a cool thing to do. I am looking forward to making friends with other fellow duck hunters from this site :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :hi:
long duck
Newb

Re: New Duck Hunter

Postby NCfowl » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:48 pm

Probably get more help putting this in the Honey Hole forum
NCfowl
hunter

Postby acannon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:53 pm

LOL
acannon
hunter

Postby Percy86 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:20 pm

"Grade A" a$$hat right here. I hope you're joking.
Percy86
hunter

Postby tsamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:28 pm

This sounds like a joke Haha! But if your serious buy a gator and a bag of corn and ride on in to an impoundment someplace near you and dump that corn right were you wanna hunt! You will be the next duck commander!
tsamp
hunter

Postby Percy86 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:35 pm

Or the next Jeff Foiles. They sell duck corn at Walmart in Rubbermaid totes.
Percy86
hunter

Postby long duck » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:15 pm

Sorry guys, I couldn't help myself. I was looking for a reaction but after rereading my post I think I may have come across as way too much of a d-bag to be for real. The truth is that I have been hunting for a long time. I started hunting with my dad when I was too little to carry a gun and have been going ever since. I am new to this site but I have been reading over some of the posts and have been on other duck hunting sites over the years and am familiar with the proper etiquette involved with providing or soliciting information on the site. There are very few things as sacred to me in this world as a good hunting spot. I pride myself on my hunting spots that I have acquired over the years. I spend a lot of hours in the woods and do the other work that I am sure many of y'all are familiar with that it takes to have good places to hunt. I have several spots that I only hunt alone because I don't trust people. I have been burned by several "friends," some of which I have known for years, when it comes to honey holes. The thing about it that really aggravates me the most is that the people who have screwed me over do not do any work to find places to hunt, they just rely on people like me and the other people on this site who take their hunting seriously to take them hunting. People who get on the internet and cyberscout are just as bad in my opinion. I apologize for turning my introduction into a rant against lazy freeloaders who call themselves duck hunters, but I just had to get it off my chest.
long duck
Newb

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting