"Keep Your Plan" Bill passes house with 39 democrat votes

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

"Keep Your Plan" Bill passes house with 39 democrat votes

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:04 pm

The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: "Keep Your Plan" Bill passes house with 39 democrat vote

Postby vincentpa » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Awwwwww, Obama just told a little "white" lie. What's the harm?
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:21 pm

but...but...but, its the law of the land. How can this be? So which of these democrats voted for the disaster before they voted to change it? And sadly, the low information voters will actually believe that they are looking out for them now, just not before. :rolleyes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:10 pm

On to the senate....at least they got the order right this time. :hammer:
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Andy W » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:33 am

vincentpa wrote:Awwwwww, Obama just told a little "white" lie. What's the harm?

What difference at this point does it make? :mad:
Andy W
hunter

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:50 am

Obama already said he'd veto it, if it makes it to his desk......
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:09 pm

ctdeathfrombelow wrote:Obama already said he'd veto it, if it makes it to his desk......

I'd dare him to if the senate passes it.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:05 pm

beretta24 wrote:
ctdeathfrombelow wrote:Obama already said he'd veto it, if it makes it to his desk......

I'd dare him to if the senate passes it.

That is why Harry Reid will make sure it never has a chance to pass the Senate.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:20 pm

Some House Dems are desperate to keep their jobs come election time. This one is going to bite them harder than the gun ban did come the next election.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:23 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Some House Dems are desperate to keep their jobs come election time. This one is going to bite them harder than the gun ban did come the next election.

However, it is easy to vote for a bill that you know will never become law.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:08 pm

I have not seen any explanation of how much your insurance company is allowed or not allowed to charge you to keep your plan or have it re-instated for those who have already been cancelled.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby TomKat » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:35 am

The next election will be interesting. If the republicans get control of the congress Hillary will have a tough time with her gun bans ect.

Blog- http://www.ksducks.com
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:20 pm

It is going to be very interesting. If you piss to many people off you are going to loose. The Democrats keep making noise and blaming everyone for their own problems and issues. Eventually even the stupid people catch on and get pissed and vote for the other guy. I think Hillary needs to come up to bat with a hostile House and Senate. Impeachment anyone? I think it is time for another one to teach the President his or her place in the balance of power in this nation.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:43 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:The Democrats keep making noise and blaming everyone for their own problems and issues.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/11/20/obama_republicans_making_it_difficult_to_fix_obamacare_glitches.html
The last point I'll make is that in terms of expectation setting, there's no doubt that in an environment in which we had to fight tooth and nail to get this passed, it ended up being passed on a partisan basis -- not for lack of trying, because I met with an awful lot of Republicans to try to get them to go along -- but because there was just ideological resistance to the idea of dealing with the uninsured and people with preexisting conditions. There was a price to that, and it was that what was already going to be hard was operating within a very difficult political environment. And we should have anticipated that that would create a rockier rollout than if Democrats and Republicans were both invested in success.

One of the problems we've had is one side of Capitol Hill is invested in failure, and that makes, I think, the kind of iterative process of fixing glitches as they come up and fine-tuning the law more challenging.

There is so much in this.

This is the part I love the most. "I met with an awful lot of Republicans to try to get them to go along" and not to work on a compromise or to negotiate or listen to their concern, but simple to try to get them to go along with him. And why shouldn't they have gone along with this debacle? I can't image :rolleyes: This has been the exact criticism of Republicans after virtually every meeting they have had with Obama.

This is another beauty. "the idea of dealing with the uninsured" so they passed a law that created millions more uninsured :fingerhead: Much like the Democrat's approach to dealing with poverty, the create more of it. That's how they deal with crime, create more of it. Is there anything they do that is not totally assbackwards? They obsess about the income gap and then create means tested welfare that will increase the gap by creating a huge cost penalty (loss of government benefits) for people trying to close the gap.

And the law was so horrible that even though it needed no Republican votes "we had to fight tooth and nail to get this passed, it ended up being passed on a partisan basis" That's how bad the law was. But if he only could have got some Republicans to go along, it would be easier to blame them for his failed policies.

He will never change. He is locked in his view and any failures on his part are not his fault. This is not how intelligent people's brain works. This is how people who just think they are smart think.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:28 pm

I saw the same thing. Threw it into the Death Spiral thread.

When I hear him shirking all responsibility, it always reminds me of managers I have worked with in the past who blame rather than fix. Fortunately in the private sector, there is a way to deal with this.

Rather than accept the situation as it is, take responsibility and take bold corrective action, he just keeps blaming others. I know it will not happen, but I keep wondering how the interviewer can contain themselves and not just stop and say - Really? :rolleyes: Are you sure you want to say that? :huh: It sounds really stupid. :fingerpt:

The part that is almost comical (in a really bad way) is he is blaming the people who have been completely hands off. They did not support it and have been marginalized by this child from the beginning. :huh:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum