Whiny Call?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker

Whiny Call?

Postby duckman27 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Looking to buy a really whiny ducky call. Kind of a softer call. What do y'all think I should take a look at?
duckman27
hunter

Re: Whiny Call?

Postby Labs4Mallard » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:47 pm

Easy HObo Prime Meat Has A Lot Of Back Pressure And Whines Are Easy To Achieve
"If those ducks are flying high, Who you gonna call?" SKYBUSTERS!!
Labs4Mallard
hunter

Postby schumacherm » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:57 pm

The rnt diablo and timber hawg both have a lot of hold in them, really easy to whine and squeal on them, the ecpure meat also has a lot of whine to it but is a little harder to master...
schumacherm
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:27 pm

RNT Diablo DS. Thing will squeal to no end. Major disappointment when I got it cause that's not what I was looking for but if that's what you want it will be perfect.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Scott. » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 pm

Microhen isn't too bad.
"Honorable scars are not to be penalized."
"There are two kinds of people in the world without beards. Women and boys. I am neither."
WOOOOO PIG SOOOOIEEE
Scott.
hunter

Postby Deltahawg » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:41 pm

Daisy slayer RNT
Deltahawg
hunter

Postby cackiller » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:55 pm

Get ahold of Stump at RM custom calls and get either the timber call or gold digger and tell him exactly what you want it to sound like. I was amazed when I received a call that did everything I'd hoped and more.
cackiller
hunter

Postby anatidaephobic » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:08 am

echo timber
anatidaephobic
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:36 am

Calef anything.

I got a chance to try out the Big Mamma 2 earlier this month...

I have never tried a double reed with this much nuance. She whined, squealed and was flat out nasty. I don't usually play with doubles, but this one... Oh. My. Damn...

So anyone trading one or selling one (It has a rubber diaphragm over the mouth piece, and a tuning hole on the insert) Let me know. I would prefer a trade if possible... :biggrin:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:34 pm

You can have all the whine in a call that you need or want...but I'd you can't get it out of the call..don't mean nothing. Maybe the question to the OP, is...can you make the can whine squeal?
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:10 pm

Prime Meat, Pure Meat, Lares T-1, RNT Timber Hawg, Diablo, Daisy Slayer, or Microhen :thumbsup:

Tough decision but my 3 choices would be:
1. Lares T-1
2. RNT Microhen
3. RNT DC Diablo
mayhem96
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:27 pm

goosehunter64 wrote:You can have all the whine in a call that you need or want...but I'd you can't get it out of the call..don't mean nothing. Maybe the question to the OP, is...can you make the can whine squeal?

This seems like your classic "I'm on some "team" therefore I am better than you" kind of post. First off WingLock doesn't have a "team" or pro staff so........ Hope your d@ck feels bigger because you put that in your signature. It'd be the same as if I put Team RNT in my signature. Am I actually a part of RNT? Nope, but hey my d@ck feels just a little bit bigger because I put it there. :lol3:

But yes, I can make a call whine. With some calls there's just not a whole lot of whine in them to get out so I'm looking for something with a little more in that area.
duckman27
hunter

Postby awc16 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:10 pm

The half pint by basin calls is good and whiny.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
awc16
hunter

Postby JWIN » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:13 pm

cackiller wrote:Get ahold of Stump at RM custom calls and get either the timber call or gold digger and tell him exactly what you want it to sound like. I was amazed when I received a call that did everything I'd hoped and more.

:grooving: :grooving: I'll second this one.
JWIN
hunter

Postby JWIN » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:14 pm

Then pick up Carlson duck calling A-Z. You'll be able to whiny any call. Almost.
JWIN
hunter

Postby KyMike » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:27 am

True all call can whine but some have more built into it. Just like all calls can get loud but some are built to be louder. Ill give you two that have not been mentioned but have a lot of built in whine/hold: Ducklander Conartist and Cadence Special. Whine, Cajun Squeal and the Bouncing Hen are much easier to do on these calls.
KyMike
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:45 am

Thanks for the info gents :thumbsup: And goosehunter64, I'd just woken up from my nap and from looking at that last post it is evident that I was feeling a little high-spirited :lol3:
duckman27
hunter

Postby sooner737 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:14 am

:clapping: :clapping:
duckman27 wrote:
goosehunter64 wrote:You can have all the whine in a call that you need or want...but I'd you can't get it out of the call..don't mean nothing. Maybe the question to the OP, is...can you make the can whine squeal?

This seems like your classic "I'm on some "team" therefore I am better than you" kind of post. First off WingLock doesn't have a "team" or pro staff so........ Hope your d@ck feels bigger because you put that in your signature. It'd be the same as if I put Team RNT in my signature. Am I actually a part of RNT? Nope, but hey my d@ck feels just a little bit bigger because I put it there. :lol3:

But yes, I can make a call whine. With some calls there's just not a whole lot of whine in them to get out so I'm looking for something with a little more in that area.
sooner737
hunter

Postby callinfowl » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:02 pm

Lifes to short to sweat the small crap !
Lighten up and have some fun ,before ya die !

Laugh at yourself and with others!!!!!
callinfowl
Forum Moderator

Postby goosehunter64 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:44 pm

duckman27 wrote:

My heavens...you are somewhat intelligent. Duh!! I know Rick doesn't have a pro-staff or team. Second I don't think I'm better then most, 4th I have no theme...I actually know what I'm talking about. 5thly I have a small d!ck so that don't matter. :crying: :lol3:
The last part of me question was not being a smartass one...I was just asking...cuz there are so many that can't. I teach duck calling...and so many can't do it.
My whole response was in jest, as in general for most callers. :fingerpt:
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby rrkyle » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:54 pm

cackiller wrote:Get ahold of Stump at RM custom calls and get either the timber call or gold digger and tell him exactly what you want it to sound like. I was amazed when I received a call that did everything I'd hoped and more.

Second this. Stump hooked it up, I own tons and tons of calls. And the gold digger is my personal favorite. Absolutely love it and you can do everything on it.
rrkyle
hunter

Postby Fowl-Attitude » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Gander Valley Calls... The HOMEWRECKER. Bad little call with a lot of attitude, it is one whiny squealing unit. My bot has been trying for years to get a nice whine on his bouncing hen, this call was the key. It has a nice character to it, and it is very easy to run. Killer service so far, and the price was right on. Good luck.
Callum Close .... then CRUSHUM!!!!
Fowl-Attitude
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum