Im a little confused, plz help.

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Im a little confused, plz help.

Postby FreedomHunter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:22 am

Okay so looking at the regulations for this season something has occurred to me that I don't fully understand something. Bag limit v.s. possession limits. I always went with bag limits seeing that it states that is how many you can harvest in a day. Why would I have 3 days worth of ducks or anything else? Is this maybe per boat number? As in, you have 3 people in your boat so therefore you have a possession limit in the boat? Or maybe 3 days of meat, or literally 3 days of ducks (not cleaned) in your freezer for some reason. I was always told there are no stupid questions but I think for me this takes the cake, but I just don't understand it and I need to to avoid a fine.
FreedomHunter
hunter

Re: Im a little confused, plz help.

Postby tmclaimerFL » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:20 pm

Paging whaknstak :hammer:
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby beaunelli » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:33 pm

say you went on a 3 day trip and killed 3 limits of ducks that is all you could bring back home with you(cant be in possession of more than 3 days bag limit)

now once theyre in the cooler, how the game warden can tell the difference between if they was killed 3 days in succession or all in the same day is beyond me.
beaunelli
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:41 pm

beaunelli wrote:say you went on a 3 day trip and killed 3 limits of ducks that is all you could bring back home with you(cant be in possession of more than 3 days bag limit)

now once theyre in the cooler, how the game warden can tell the difference between if they was killed 3 days in succession or all in the same day is beyond me.

Or if your two friends gave you their limits and left the ramp early. How does he distinguish that?
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby bdub » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:05 am

tmclaimerFL wrote:
beaunelli wrote:say you went on a 3 day trip and killed 3 limits of ducks that is all you could bring back home with you(cant be in possession of more than 3 days bag limit)

Or if your two friends gave you their limits and left the ramp early. How does he distinguish that?

If he catches you with that many birds while you leave the ramp he can nail you. You have to have your buddies tag all of their birds with a bunch of information. But at your house or away from the ramp im sure its all based on the possession limit
bdub
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:09 am

bdub wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:

If he catches you with that many birds while you leave the ramp he can nail you. You have to have your buddies tag all of their birds with a bunch of information. But at your house or away from the ramp im sure its all based on the possession limit

Makes sense

Sent from my iPhone3 using Tapatalk 28

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby duckhuntertls » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:09 am

The only question I have that goes unanswered is....if I hunt all season..clean my birds as I go...how many can I have in my freezer to eat on till next season?
duckhuntertls
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:43 am

duckhuntertls wrote:The only question I have that goes unanswered is....if I hunt all season..clean my birds as I go...how many can I have in my freezer to eat on till next season?

Once they are in your dwelling you can keep anything you want. To be on the safe side if FWC ever raids your home for any reason I would mark the bags with date, species, and location.

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby FreedomHunter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:43 pm

Thanks all, so say you could bring 4 guys out with you on the lake. All of you limit out but traveled on 1 boat, your good to go because that does not fall in possession limit of the boat, but the individual.
FreedomHunter
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:58 pm

FreedomHunter wrote:Thanks all, so say you could bring 4 guys out with you on the lake. All of you limit out but traveled on 1 boat, your good to go because that does not fall in possession limit of the boat, but the individual.

Yes. Possession limit applies to the hunter.

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby FreedomHunter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:29 pm

Thank you sir. :thumbsup:
FreedomHunter
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:52 pm

FreedomHunter wrote:Thanks all, so say you could bring 4 guys out with you on the lake. All of you limit out but traveled on 1 boat, your good to go because that does not fall in possession limit of the boat, but the individual.

But make sure all 4 people have THEIR ducks marked not just thrown in a pile unmarked. And stay with them until they are inside your freezer.
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:55 pm

About this..... Say you go on a trip in ARK. and hunt 5 days how many birds can you bring back in cooler? 5 days limit or 3? Just to clear something up in my mind.
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby beaunelli » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:44 pm

i posted the answer to your question up top^ no you can only possess 3 DAYS LIMIT
beaunelli
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:47 pm

beaunelli wrote:i posted the answer to your question up top^ no you can only possess 3 DAYS LIMIT

Ok I just wanted to be clear. Could one argue you are moving from a hotel room 800 miles away?? Lol. Therefore that's why you have 5 days worth? I mean what is the difference of having them in your house vs the cooler.
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:34 pm

The correct answers to your question are found above contained in several different posts.

You can only kill your daily limit of each species in one day. The daily bag limit applies to each licensed hunter. Theoretically, you could have a pontoon boat with 25 people and have a legal limit of 150 birds. However, if camping or hunting on an overnight trip, you can possess (3) days bag limit as long as they were legally harvested each day. Up until this year is was (2) days limit. You may possess other hunters birds if properly tagged with name, address, date harvested, and the breakdown of birds killed, however you cannot possess more than three days limit at any time. Period. And that applies to each individual species, not just the six duck/day limit.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting