Duck Hunting Forum banner

Need a taxidermist for woodie

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Rick RR GBirds 
#1 ·
Hi guys!!!! i have a wood duck in the freezer. how long do they last it has been in there since october! any body no of a good reasonably priced taxidermist in mid michigan?????

#2 ·
:smile: it depends on how you have the bird wrapped in your freezer on how long the bird will last, as for reasonably priced it depends on what ur idea of reasonable is...every taxidermist is different, my dad does large ducks for under 70.00 and small ducks cheaper...

Remember if ya cant tell what it is before ya shoot, dont pull the trigger :thumbsup:

Tara

#8 ·
ah well everyone has thier opinions i spose but when ya get stuck havin to sew the birds head back together bc the joker who shot it got a bit trigger happy and damned near blew it off its not gonna look 100% so in saying that what he had left of the bird its a pretty damned good mount :smile: and ya have to consider. thats old taxidermy nothing plastic in that bird so its not gonna look like everyone else's....

Remember if ya cant tell what it is b4 ya shoot. don't pull the trigger :thumbsup:

#9 ·
Ask around at sporting goods stores in your area. Also look at samples. Like agengo02 said, you get what you pay for. Put two mounts of the same type next to each other, and you will be able to pick out the better quality, and usually more expensive of the two. You want it to look like a live bird. Not a dead one on your wall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.