Just to brag on a litter of pups

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

Just to brag on a litter of pups

Postby Nabs » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:42 pm

California forums got a running diatribe of my females pregnancy and whelping. Thought I would come over here and maybe brag a little.

My Male (the father) has a pedigree of who's who including Hightest's Coal Tar Black, NAFC M D's Cotton Pick'n Cropper and FC AFC Gunstocks Butch From Winifox. Sgtstadanko707 has had the opportunity to see the drive Duncan has.

My Female is registered and not very much of note as far as pedigree goes, she is however one of the best hunting and family dogs that I have ever known. I am sure there are a few longtime members here who have hunted with her and would confirm her huntability. Lngbrdr, QuackAdd and Fowledup have all hunted with Baylee.

I had Baylee's CERF (eyes), OFA (Fair to good) hips elbows CNM etc ad nauseam and had an Xray done on Duncan (14 months old) and my vet concluded he would rate fair to good OFA as well *but I am not paying $245 for a prelim that is not even recordable.

Baylee whelped 11 yellow pups on the 14th of November, 7 males, 4 females. 1 male was stillborn about 6 hours after the 9th pup was born and the 11th pup was born 3 hours after that and is doing fine.

The pups went in for dew claws yesterday and all got thumbs up from my vet. All pups have homes where they will be family members and retreivers.

I opened a photobucket account to show off pictures (including an X-ray) at http://s776.photobucket.com/user/milton148/library/
Nabs
hunter

Re: Just to brag on a litter of pups

Postby Einstein » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Pretty Yellows, congrats Grandpa!
Einstein says: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

NRA Life Member
Einstein
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum