Whats the secret..

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

Whats the secret..

Postby Boykinboy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Somebody please spill the beans on something I've been wondering for a while. How do you keep your pants to stay down when you put on waders?? They always end up more like shorts..
Boykinboy
hunter

Re: Whats the secret..

Postby baltz526 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:55 pm

You wear a lighter pant that can be folded around the ankle then use large socks to pull over the folded pant leg. Or buy the wader pants that have a foot stirrup
OHA life member Lapine oregon
baltz526
hunter

Postby Garand » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:54 pm

Garand
hunter

Postby chrispbrown271 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:41 am

I have used duct tape a time or two....just make sure you leave a tag you can use to pull it off. I have used the ankle gaiters but they fell apart after half a season. Now I just put my socks on first then the long underwear and that holds them in place.
Chris
chrispbrown271
hunter

Postby berudd » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:36 pm

chrispbrown271 wrote:I have used duct tape a time or two....just make sure you leave a tag you can use to pull it off. I have used the ankle gaiters but they fell apart after half a season. Now I just put my socks on first then the long underwear and that holds them in place.
Chris

Tuck them in my socks
berudd
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:08 pm

The ankle straps that garand posted. Work great.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby bknilvr00 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Just fold your waders down like when you take them off... If your pant leg gets narfled just reach into the leg and fix it. Unless you can't reach down to your legs, in which case a diet may be a more pressing issue to fix.

Sent from my space modulator.
bknilvr00
hunter

Postby Smith » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:08 pm

I don't like my pants climbing up, but even worse is that my socks tend to work down into the boots until they're partially balled up under my foot. Gets a bit uncomfortable. Both problems are solved with the duct tape trick. Pull the socks over the pant legs, then wrap once around, half on the socks and half on the pants. And yes; absolutely leave a doubled-over tag for easy removal.
Smith
hunter

Postby WI_River_Hunter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:58 pm

"Wader pants" from Cabelas.

They're basically fleece sweatpants with elastic stirrups on the bottom.

Fleece pants are much more comfortable inside of waders than jeans, and these have the benefit of not getting pushed up.

It's win/win.
WI_River_Hunter
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:12 pm

WI_River_Hunter wrote:"Wader pants" from Cabelas.

They're basically fleece sweatpants with elastic stirrups on the bottom.

Fleece pants are much more comfortable inside of waders than jeans, and these have the benefit of not getting pushed up.

It's win/win.

x1000
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby DucknGoodTime » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:05 am

I usually pull my socks up over the pant leg end but I've also used ace bandage, the self clinging type.

Blessings,
Rick
Blessings,
Rick
DucknGoodTime
hunter

Postby MJO21 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:57 am

I wear a pair of fleece pants with a pair of sweat pants over them. The sweat pants are the ones that have elastic around the ankle. I then roll down my waders all the way to the boots. Step in the boots, and push the sweat pants all the way down. It is easy do do if you are rolled down to the boot.
MJO21
hunter

Postby handyandy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:23 pm

Don't wear jeans or anything cotton under waders for one. The fleece wader pants are the best. If you don't want to spend the money on them get cheap fleece pajama pants and wear your socks over them. Jeans are the worst under waders.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum