General Questions about MT hunting

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

General Questions about MT hunting

Postby jayare1870 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:35 am

First off, let me be clear, I'm not asking for anyone's honeyhole and I'm not doing any internet scouting. I'm just asking for general information about waterfowling in Montana.
I'm a longtime waterfowler from the Southeast and I've recently been handed the keys to a small cabin near Belfry MT. I'm headed up there this summer with my wife but I also plan on heading back up in the Fall to hunt. Since the people that own the cabin aren't hunters, I have no one to ask about hunting in Montana besides the internet.
I see that Clark Ford flows through Belfry, is this a viable waterfowling flyway? If so, is anyone familiar with any public areas along that stretch of river. If that if not a viable option, does anyone have any suggestion of public areas that would be worth trying out. Like I said, I'm not asking for GSP coordinates of your honey hole, just for someone to point me in the general direction of some public land where I could try and shoot a few ducks. Mostly, I just want to be outside and enjoy all the Montana has to offer. Thanks
jayare1870
Newb

Re: General Questions about MT hunting

Postby phutch30 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:27 pm

Portions of the clark fork are good if you spend time scouting and gettng permission
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Re: General Questions about MT hunting

Postby jayare1870 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:36 am

Thanks, we plan on spending a few days scouting and making contacts before hunting. Scouting is half the fun. Thanks again
jayare1870
Newb

Return to Montana Duck Hunting